Fuck da police.

Tonik

Gotta say I'm not on-board with the FTP movement....and yeah, the guy was a felon with an open warrant, but I don't understand how a stop initiated because he was riding a bike without lights after dark and then running away when the Popo tried to cuff him leads to "fearing for their lives" and justifies use of deadly force and being shot in the back.  Let's face it.  They knew exactly who he was (had already identified him during the stop) and wouldn't have had too much trouble running him down later.

He proved he's willing to do what ever it takes to get away. How does each officer know he didn't grab one of the other's guns during the tussle?  If I was carrying, wrestling with someone willing to shoot me who i'm "not supposed to shoot" is the last thing i would want to do. You can only shoot After they grab your gun, Seems like a logic fail to me. 

If there's no deterrent from running from the police( warrant/ going to jail either way.) They're All going to run and fewer get caught  and more injured police..

Edited by motocat12

2 hours ago, motocat12 said:

disregarding police orders? People are claiming the OP shouldn't have shot, the second show some results of not shooting.

Both situations have their own unique circumstances which is why I always try to avoid comparing.  Each situation needs to be evaluated as its own.  The fleeing suspect turns back towards the officer and his hands come from his waist level.  That's an indicator of a potential firearm being used against the police after already fleeing.  I think that's justified in shooting to prevent anything further. 
Also a huge rule for police is to prevent a person from getting back into their car after an altercation.  I wouldn't have blinked an eye if the female cop shot and killed that suspect as well.... but using the second situation as a reasoning for the first one doesn't seem okay to me. 

8 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Both situations have their own unique circumstances which is why I always try to avoid comparing.  Each situation needs to be evaluated as its own.  The fleeing suspect turns back towards the officer and his hands come from his waist level.  That's an indicator of a potential firearm being used against the police after already fleeing.  I think that's justified in shooting to prevent anything further. 
Also a huge rule for police is to prevent a person from getting back into their car after an altercation.  I wouldn't have blinked an eye if the female cop shot and killed that suspect as well.... but using the second situation as a reasoning for the first one doesn't seem okay to me. 

You said potential weapon. You don't shoot someone for a potential weapon.