Aftermarket rearsets

tall_tracy

You don't make 3 page threads with the right tools. Does hollowing out an allen key turn it into a socket instead? these have horizontal holes in them for a lever bar. Plus you can use them with @2talltim's tool caddy to fix twice as many plumbing issues.

Glad @jacobhawkins is posting and wasn't the one down in columbus today

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

With that she would have to buy a 24mm socket to turn it. Or a big ass crescent wrench. Your idea is crap.

Maybe she's has 24mm socket or wrench already. To assume she doesn't is discrimination. What do you have against independent mechanically inclined women. You sexist pig. :nono: #WLM 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Maybe she's has 24mm socket or wrench already. To assume she doesn't is discrimination. What do you have against independent mechanically inclined women. You  sexist pig. :nono:

If her garage were that well equipped this thread would be useless, like you.

6 minutes ago, Tonik said:

If her garage were that well equipped this thread would be useless, like you.

Now you saying she doesn't  have the right equipment and what she starts could be useless? Someone contact the ACLU (or @magley64), this guy is out of control.

Edited by 2talltim

3 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Now you saying she doesn't  have the right equipment and what she starts could be useless? Someone contact the ACLU (or @magley64), this guy is out of control.

No I am saying she isn't a dumbass, like you, and wouldn't have started this thread if she didn't need some tools.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, tall_tracy said:

Fricken Italians with their subpar instructions...  :mad:    More specifically the lack of instruction on the rear brake set up and how the exhaust attaches to the new rearset.   What a P I T A!

Pics of how it's on now?

The rear-set's Italian too? That makes sense.

Edited by TimTheAzn

12 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Pics of how it's on now?

The rear-set's Italian too? That makes sense.

I've got the rear master cylinder installed already - it was just a pain to figure out bc the instructions provided and the video online are not great.  I've contacted a retailer that carries the rearsets to ask about the exhaust attachment, as well as the Ducati dealer to see if there's just a bolt missing or something.

And to think I was worried about that giant bolt and getting it loose --- pshhh that was the easy part since the tool was included.  I mean for what I paid, it should include a guy who comes to your house and installs them... and a coupon for a free macchiato at Starbucks to boot.

3 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

I've got the rear master cylinder installed already - it was just a pain to figure out bc the instructions provided and the video online are not great.  I've contacted a retailer that carries the rearsets to ask about the exhaust attachment, as well as the Ducati dealer to see if there's just a bolt missing or something.

And to think I was worried about that giant bolt and getting it loose --- pshhh that was the easy part since the tool was included.  I mean for what I paid, it should include a guy who comes to your house and installs them... and a coupon for a free macchiato at Starbucks to boot.

F that, the guy should bring the macchiato to you for you to sip while you watch the install.

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

F that, the guy should bring the macchiato to you for you to sip while you watch the install.

Nope, I want to go get my own beverage bc I don't need anyone showing up with a roofied macchiato...