Oct 7 Saturday

NinjaDoc

1 minute ago, B-Mac said:

You are fine with me. You are named after a famous person that lived a very long time and If you follow in his footsteps you should be good to go.

I will ride rear guard or sweep as it's called here.

good to hear, Thanks

I consider myself an above average rider but if B-mac and Doc are doing thier thing I would struggle to "keep up". So yea go with them do your thing, let them do thier thing and they will be at the next turn. No shame in the game when everyone is having a good time.

6 minutes ago, Noah Calhoun said:

not trying to race, I understand I'm a new rider, and stupid for starting on a liter bike. it just fell into my possession, no I don't have the best gear, but do really enjoy riding and want to learn for more experienced riders, you never know to much right., I'm not trying to be cocky in any sense of the word.

I was in your same position back in the day. I even started on a 1k as well. Just ride your own ride, no one cares if you can or cant keep up it's not a competition. My first ride with these guys shocked me about how smooth and silky these guys are when they ride, not to mention the pace they ride for 2-3 hundred miles at a time lol. Oh, and I had them waiting at every stop, I was so slow they took turns sweeping me :lol:. After tens of thousands of miles on twisty roads, I'd like to think that I have some sort of pace, although admittedly I've slowed down on the street since I've gone to the track.

It motivated me to become a better rider so one day I could be like those guys. If you attend this ride I just ask you to do these things:

• Ride your own ride, you will not get left behind or laughed at for the pace you feel comfortable with.
  • You have a great guy sweeping you, ask him the questions that you have. 
  • Listen to the advice that is given. These guys know what they are talking about and have tens of thousands of miles running at "the pace".
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Danimal said:

@Noah Calhoun

I have more riding gear than I would evver know what to do with. Would be happy if I had some things that fit you and helped you survive a fall. Gratis

How tall are you? Body dimensions?

What gear do you already own of any quality?

What helmet size?

What shoe size?

Don't be proud. Some of us have been riding many decades and just accumulate gear.

6'2 145lbs (yeah I know lol)

Jacket- medium

pants- 32 waist 34 length

9.5- 10 shoe size.

I have a helmet, and gloves.

Thank you for the offer.

Edited by Noah Calhoun

1 minute ago, Danimal said:

not much translates. Though not as tall as you, am thicker, All pants 38-40 waist, All jackets L-XL All boots sized 47 (12)

If you do go, hang back and observe, Ask questions at stops. Try to prove nothing. 

Have a good ride

Thank you for the advice

Speaking as the guy who is normally at the back of the pack, as well as the one they're waiting on, this is all great advice. If you've never been to the SEO, there are some roads that will reach up and bite you squarely on the ass. They can get pretty technical in a hurry. Don't panic. Remember to breathe. Try to have fun. They really are a great group of folks with lots of valuable information. They just don't wanna see anyone getting hurt. And if you've got thin skin and can't take a fair amount of ribbing...you're in the wrong place man. Good luck!

Well I am going to bail out on this asphalt excursion and do some ADV riding on the back roads with a mixture of gravel and chip since we had some rain there should be minimal dust.

Any of the up and coming ADV riders on O.R. want to join in let me know.:D

My daughter's team won their 1st volleyball game, therefore, I did not get out until after 1. Still managed to get in about 300 miles and got home before 6. Had a good time even though I had to deal with a jacked up Harley Davidson Ford trying to keep me from passing him on 170. 

Glad you guys got to put down some miles. I am sorry i haven't replied openly in this thread, but i was in touch with all the interested guys through phone messages etc. Wish all our times were aligned for a good ride. In the end it was just me and skinny, went for a short loop around 350 miles. Great weather for an October. I have a feeling next weekend weather is going to be very nice and there will be a lot of interested parties riding. But i be working :( 

@durk I dont know what is with that 170, i personally had two experience in that road. One real bad one with truck trying to stop and when i passed swerving into me. 

Coincidentally we Came across another Truckhole our self yesterday in remote back roads close to 800. Initially i though i was being paranoid he is just really distracted, but he was literally driving in the opposite lane in every clean straights and open wide corners. He was going under speed limit and kept checking his rear view mirror. So I just stayed on the  right rear end of his truck for couple miles and he kinda became less aggressive and the next chance i got i leaped and passed. He didnt react much. I was feeling bad for suspecting him. But then skinny confirmed he was a real truckhole, he again started doing the aggressive stunts of swerving to opposite end and climax is pulling right across the road and stopping and blocking him off. He proceed to do his victory sign language but with one finger and drove off into some side road. i guess all-swell that ends with no swelling. 

18 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Coincidentally we Came across another Truckhole our self yesterday in remote back roads close to 800. Initially i though i was being paranoid he is just really distracted, but he was literally driving in the opposite lane in every clean straights and open wide corners. He was going under speed limit and kept checking his rear view mirror. So I just stayed on the  right rear end of his truck for couple miles and he kinda became less aggressive and the next chance i got i leaped and passed. He didnt react much. I was feeling bad for suspecting him. But then skinny confirmed he was a real truckhole, he again started doing the aggressive stunts of swerving to opposite end and climax is pulling right across the road and stopping and blocking him off. He proceed to do his victory sign language but with one finger and drove off into some side road. i guess all-swell that ends with no swelling. 

:mad: