Kneeling for the anthem and flag.

HeavyDuty

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

That's not what they are bitching about. But you knew that.

Well, I already covered that in the Larry Elder video.  This was just a bit a perspective, because you know...racism...it's everywhere apparently.   And not just a tool the media & the left use to try to manipulate people into being pissed off and voting for democrats ;)

... and what about that racist Trump? 

mw07jypixskx.jpg

why-doesnt-media-remember-this-trump-bei

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2017 at 12:04 PM, Tpoppa said:

Well, I already covered that in the Larry Elder video.  This was just a bit a perspective, because you know...racism...it's everywhere apparently.   And not just a tool the media & the left use to try to manipulate people into being pissed off and voting for democrats ;)

... and what about that racist Trump? 

mw07jypixskx.jpg

why-doesnt-media-remember-this-trump-bei

lol the ellis island award has nothing to do with black people.  it was made up by Trumps real estate broker.  as a protest to Ronald Regan's medals of liberty awards to 12 naturalized citizens  for the centennial celebration of the statue of liberty.  who were not actually naturally born citizens.  the NAACP did not give this award to Trump.  his buddy (william fugazy) gave it to him.  

fake news out of the trump right as usual

Edited by serpentracer

On 9/29/2017 at 11:47 AM, Tpoppa said:

Just a bit of perspective...

black-lives-matter-is-bitching-about-thi

Just because being a data nerd myself I can't stand when people mis-represent statistics the FBI does not track police killings at all in their statistics. No federal or governmental agency in the U.S. currently tracks killings by police which is why media outlets like the Washington Times and the Sentinel in Florida have begun to dedicate resources to do this with their staffs. They are collecting data from other media sources though so even their tracking will most likely have a significant error margin of under reporting. That graphic was not produced by the FBI. Someone took data from the table and made some sort of calculations that I can't reproduce from the source table. About 90% of Black victims were killed by Black people. About 83% of White victims were killed by White people. You kill where you live and socialize - consistent fact in criminal activity. If you would like to see the actual source table it is here: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

13 hours ago, Tonyblaze said:

Just because being a data nerd myself I can't stand when people mis-represent statistics the FBI does not track police killings at all in their statistics. No federal or governmental agency in the U.S. currently tracks killings by police which is why media outlets like the Washington Times and the Sentinel in Florida have begun to dedicate resources to do this with their staffs. They are collecting data from other media sources though so even their tracking will most likely have a significant error margin of under reporting. That graphic was not produced by the FBI. Someone took data from the table and made some sort of calculations that I can't reproduce from the source table. About 90% of Black victims were killed by Black people. About 83% of White victims were killed by White people. You kill where you live and socialize - consistent fact in criminal activity. If you would like to see the actual source table it is here: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

That chart appears to be representing the numbers as percentages.  They don't add up to 100%, but I wouldn't think they should as murders are committed with victims & offenders that aren't white or black or the race is unknown.  I agree the numbers don't seem to tie back to the FBI stats.  How those numbers were determined is not obvious.

What are peoples thoughts on children taking a knee?  My wife was just watching "The View", and a lady on there said that her son should never have to feel uncomfortable exercising is his rights.  She said you could feel the tension.

4 minutes ago, magley64 said:

So if the rules get changed so players "must" stand... What happens when they start raising their fists like the Olympics protest? 

Typical political quote. Too selective. The rule is 'Stand at attention'.

Just now, magley64 said:

So if the rules get changed so players "must" stand... What happens when they start raising their fists like the Olympics protest? 

The NFL will totally support their players...unless it's anything that could potentially lower TV ratings or revenue, then it will not be allowed.  Follow the $$.      

• Beer 1

Completely separate from the kneeling, in the last 10 or so years I've noticed...

Fewer parents want/encourage their kids to play football, fewer kids want to play football, and kids seem less interested in watching on TV.  I've had this conversation with other parents and it seems to be a trend.

Years ago, I thought the NFL was heading for the same problem Harley has been dealing with in an aging demographic.  They had a loyal, but aging following and need to find a way to attract younger customers.  

All things considered, I'm curious to see how this all plays out...         

On 10/10/2017 at 8:34 AM, Tonik said:

I'm more concerned that there are people actually watching 'The View'.

Agreed!  I'm very surprised that she had it on, as we have fairly similar "views".  I think she may have been surfing and caught that.

And I also agree with IP.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-player-protests-national-anthem-week-6-network-footage-nbc-cbs-fox-espn/15rgt3xvut45m1hmlf0uhar8ea

You can't blame the NFL TV partners for being worried. Through Week 5, the NFL TV numbers were down 7.2 percent, according to Nielsen data. That drop came on top of a 7 percent downturn last season. Through Week 5 of the 2017 season, NFL games averaged 15.2 million viewers, according to Nielsen. That’s down 7.42 percent from an average of 16.371 million viewers through the same period of the 2016 season, and 18 percent down from the average of 18.438 million viewers through the first five weeks of the 2015 season.

Two angry groups of fans have taken to social media to denounce the NFL. There's #NoKaepernickNoNFL fans, who vow to boycott games until the blackballed Colin Kaepernick gets a job. Then there are #BoycottNFL fans, who believe the protests are un-American and unpatriotic.

-----------

So the NFL went from showcasing the protests on TV and not showing fans booing to not showing the protests at all.  And now there are boycotts on both sides of the issue :lol:  I'll bet the NFL is happy they got involved in politics :lol:

Seriously fuck that league and the players.  They should have stuck to trying entertaining their fans...but watching them flip flop might just prove to be even more entertaining.  

I've stopped watching all games this season aside from my team. I figure if so many people are boycotting, I might as well contribute to the drop in ratings... I'm so fucking sick of politics in the NFL... I still watch my team, but I used to watch games all day Sunday and Monday and Thursday games.... Idgaf which side anyone is on, I'm just ready for it to be over with. Maybe I'll resume binge watching next year, if they knock off all the dumb shit 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

I've stopped watching all games this season aside from my team. I figure if so many people are boycotting, I might as well contribute to the drop in ratings... I'm so fucking sick of politics in the NFL... I still watch my team, but I used to watch games all day Sunday and Monday and Thursday games.... Idgaf which side anyone is on, I'm just ready for it to be over with. Maybe I'll resume binge watching next year, if they knock off all the dumb shit 

You're exactly who the NFL should be worried about losing.

I already thought Goodell was a poor leader.  He's beyond incompetent if he didn't see this coming.  The fan base has become divided on his watch.  I'll bet $1 he won't be the commissioner when next season starts. 

30 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

You know what I do when I'm somewhere and they ask me to bow my head and close my eyes so they can say a prayer for the food in about to eat? I bow my head and close my eyes and let them pray because I'm not a disrespectful piece of shit.

Noted: Finally a way I can get IP's head down and eyes closed.

• Beer 1
  • Haha 1