Kneeling for the anthem and flag.

HeavyDuty

I notice these flag code violations all the time too. The one that burns my ass are when you see someone flying one that is tathered and worn. I replace mine at least 3 times a year that I fly proudly on my front porch. I think I told Justin one time I wish I had the money to carry around a few dozen flags on my bike trips and offer them to people in exchange for there worn ones. Then retire them properly. Guess that's just the eagle scout in me.

16 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Wow, so many supposed conservatives politico's that claim to be all about the Constitution codes yet ignore it when it doesn't align with their beliefs.

Fixed because it goes both ways

• Like 1

So much has changed since these protests began.  They have been wildly successful, assuming the goal is to irritate the people that support the NFL by watching games and buying merchandise. 

I am very curious to see what happens to NFL TV ratings for the rest of the season.  I suspect the opinions of the league and team owners will rise and/or fall with those TV ratings.  While they may care about some other things, the league is mainly about $$$.    

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

So much has changed since these protests began.  They have been wildly successful, assuming the goal is to irritate the people that support the NFL by watching games and buying merchandise. 

I am very curious to see what happens to NFL TV ratings for the rest of the season.  I suspect the opinions of the league and team owners will rise and/or fall with those TV ratings.  While they may care about some other things, the league is mainly about $$$.    

Ratings have been in decline prior to the whole knee thing. This has just helped a further decline but people need to realize this protest shit isn't the only reason for decline in ratings as there are several other reasons with it too

Edited by Bad324

I have more questions than answers on the NFL knee issue. I know the NFL players have the right to kneel during the national anthem, for that matter they can stand on their heads. The questions I have is if the time when the national anthem is played before the game is that considered "on the clock"? If  someone is at work companies have certain types of dress and conduct codes to adhere to during working hours. Standing versus sitting, kneeling or laying down are in the realm of codes a company may require. Before and after work hours they can carry pickets outside the stadium, kneel and pretty much do what they want. The NBA nippid this in the bud a number of years ago, player are required to stand for the national anthem.  

7 minutes ago, ricer1 said:

I have more questions than answers on the NFL knee issue. I know the NFL players have the right to kneel during the national anthem, for that matter they can stand on their heads. The questions I have is if the time when the national anthem is played before the game is that considered "on the clock"? If  someone is at work companies have certain types of dress and conduct codes to adhere to during working hours. Standing versus sitting, kneeling or laying down are in the realm of codes a company may require. Before and after work hours they can carry pickets outside the stadium, kneel and pretty much do what they want. The NBA nippid this in the bud a number of years ago, player are required to stand for the national anthem.  

Most private employers have rules about conduct.  1st amendment rights have nothing to do with those rules even though many people incorrectly interpret them that way.  Your employer can fire you for things you say or do at work.  They can also fire you for things you post on social media outside of work hours.

They key to the 1st Amendment is "Congress shall make no law."  Trump saying sonuvabiches should be fired, or employers actually firing you for things you say or do is in no way threatening 1st Amendment rights.

1st Amendment - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

NFLtable1-01.png

That's a survey of what people think of other people. Not actual fact so I'll take that with a grain of salt

especially because the top 2 reasons aren't even listed: Cord cutting, decline in competition quality

Remember the freedom boner all the conservatives had for that fat bag of ugly down in Kentucky that refused to issue marriage licences to get couples, and how they celebrated her protesting and standing up for what she believed in? Those same people are now citing the league rules regarding conduct during the anthem, clutching their pearls and shouting 'shame'.

Shoe,  I'd like to introduce you to the other foot.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Most private employers have rules about conduct.  1st amendment rights have nothing to do with those rules even though many people incorrectly interpret them that way.  Your employer can fire you for things you say or do at work.  They can also fire you for things you post on social media outside of work hours.

They key to the 1st Amendment is "Congress shall make no law."  Trump saying sonuvabiches should be fired, or employers actually firing you for things you say or do is in no way threatening 1st Amendment rights.

1st Amendment - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Most private employers also can fire someone for their conduct when they're representing the company, off the clock.  These guys are well known by the team that they play for, and therefore are representing the company at pretty much any time.  

I REALLY don't give a rat's ass about them kneeling during the anthem, as they are paid entertainers, and if I was to watch football (I don't often) it would be to see the game, not what the players' views are.  

It really saddens me that we are still even having the problems that are the root reasoning for the start of all of this.  I saw some numbers the other day that something like 1.4% of the police involved shooting involved an unarmed black person.  Ideally that would be a big for ZERO, but it's not realistic , just like zero% unemployment is not realistic.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jporter12 said:

Most private employers also can fire someone for their conduct when they're representing the company, off the clock.  These guys are well known by the team that they play for, and therefore are representing the company at pretty much any time.  

I REALLY don't give a rat's ass about them kneeling during the anthem, as they are paid entertainers, and if I was to watch football (I don't often) it would be to see the game, not what the players' views are.  

It really saddens me that we are still even having the problems that are the root reasoning for the start of all of this.  I saw some numbers the other day that something like 1.4% of the police involved shooting involved an unarmed black person.  Ideally that would be a big for ZERO, but it's not realistic , just like zero% unemployment is not realistic.  

The strike-through text above is probably not correct, I'm looking around and cannot find the source, I will update, remove, or return to regular text if/when I do find the source and verify.

11 hours ago, jporter12 said:

The strike-through text above is probably not correct, I'm looking around and cannot find the source, I will update, remove, or return to regular text if/when I do find the source and verify.

Blacks are 2.5 times more likely to be shot by police than whites, and half of them are unarmed.  Are those the stats you were looking for? And yes, the 2.5 times is adjusted for population.

Edited by Tonik

15 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Blacks are 2.5 times more likely to be shot by police than whites, and half of them are unarmed.  Are those the stats you were looking for? And yes, the 2.5 times is adjusted for population.

50% of blacks are armed????  Wow!

11 hours ago, Tonik said:

Whats the stat for each half?  Men are 7.33 times more likely to be victims of police chutings.  * made up genders not polled.*