Kneeling for the anthem and flag.

HeavyDuty

If Trump had come out and said he was all for them kneeling  not a single one of them would have taken a knee.

Every veteran I know will tell you it is their right to take a knee but they also find it highly disrespectful and offensive. Let me add that no matter what the media tells you our feeling have nothing to do with racism.  

Edited by HeavyDuty
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Tonik said:

Oh FFS, they are not protesting the flag, or the anthem or insulting vets. Even Fox News gets it. Trump is playing you, intentionally dividing the country to hide his batshit insanity. No different than any other politician has done from any other party.

If you peeps are really buying this bullshit we are totally fucked.

No matter what kind of spin anyone tries to put on this it is still the simble of the United States and to most vetrans that is exactly what they are doing

We've got the browns.  Football is some boring, depressing shit. Haven't watched a game in a few years. Haven't seen any of the motorcycle elite take a knee on the podium when they play their national anthems, although the USA is now not represented since Nicky got taken.

It seems that most, if not all of the NFL kneelers are protesting inequalities in the justice system & law enforcement & have no qualms with those that put their lives at risk in the military. Their right to protest in the manner they do is one of the strong points of our constitution. Hope that doesn't fade away like the browns.

Of course, you definitely have the constitutional right to vote against the kneelers by not watching the NFL (like I don't).

Flag flown every day at the house here.

Edited by jschaf
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, HeavyDuty said:

No matter what kind of spin anyone tries to put on this it is still the simble of the United States and to most vetrans that is exactly what they are doing

They need to revisit the oath they took when they enlisted.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

It doesn't say, defend the Constitution when I agree. In fact, they of all people should be condemning Trump for using his office to try and shut this protest down. That is clearly a violation of the First Amendment, at least from a moral standpoint.

We should have a beer with my kid, he is a Vet. Thinks the players have every right to do this, and he is one of the more conservative people I know.

And I have a question. How exactly should these people protest. If the march they get yelled at for blocking traffic. If the kneel they get yelled at. They can't hold office at least in Ohio because the R's have rigged the Congressional distrcts 

Theyhave a legit beef on some issues, they have a right to be heard.

2 hours ago, HeavyDuty said:

Every veteran I know will tell you it is their right to take a knee but they also find it highly disrespectful and offensive.

You may have missed one of my posts think about this.They are also disrespecting every black veteran that has served. Take for instance the Tustesgy ( spelling) airmen they did not loss a single bomber to enemy aircraft ever.

12 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I wanna know how many of you fucks stand for the national anthem when you're watching at home? 

I admit I do not stand when alone at home but always do in public. At our post everyone stands at attention when the anthem plays before any event.

I have to have a line between my personal life and my professional life.  I will/can not bring politics or personal beliefs into my place of business, without expecting repocution.  These snotty brats can?  

Apparently I'm a whiney bitch because I can't mix politics/personal beliefs with my money making...

Edited by Ron505

11 minutes ago, magley64 said:

It's just a symbol, it's what the symbol represents that counts.

Exactly. And for them that symbol is starting to represent generations of repression and abandonment. A government that accepts their service in the armed forces and then lets cops walk when they gun them down. No, not as often as the say, but far too often. A government that would rather spend money on tanks or studies of the mating habits of bees than help parentless children.

I really think most people's stand on this issue boils down to whether or not they agree with the claims of the black folks. The rest is just justification for their view.

1 hour ago, Ron505 said:

I have to have a line between my personal life and my professional life.  I will/can not bring politics or personal beliefs into my place of business, without expecting repocution.  These snotty brats can?  

Apparently I'm a whiney bitch because I can't mix politics/personal beliefs with my money making...

Change professions then if you want to mix them. That's the freedom you are afforded in America. 

13 hours ago, Bad324 said:

My favorite point in all this anthem bullshit that nobody brings up is that it's been less than 10 years where NFL teams as a whole were present on the field for the anthem for all games. Why did that change you ask? Because the god damn government is wasting 6 millions dollars a year for this to happen. If Trump is so pissed about it maybe pull the funding and put it towards something of better use.

There should have been a refund clause.

5 hours ago, Tonik said:

They need to revisit the oath they took when they enlisted.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

It doesn't say, defend the Constitution when I agree. In fact, they of all people should be condemning Trump for using his office to try and shut this protest down. That is clearly a violation of the First Amendment, at least from a moral standpoint.

We should have a beer with my kid, he is a Vet. Thinks the players have every right to do this, and he is one of the more conservative people I know.

And I have a question. How exactly should these people protest. If the march they get yelled at for blocking traffic. If the kneel they get yelled at. They can't hold office at least in Ohio because the R's have rigged the Congressional distrcts 

Theyhave a legit beef on some issues, they have a right to be heard.

Perhaps you should read this.  This isn't really a free speech issue.  We all.can get fired for things we say and do at work....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/27/politics/first-amendment-explainer-trnd/index.html

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Perhaps you should read this.  This isn't really a free speech issue.  We all.can get fired for things we say and do at work....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/27/politics/first-amendment-explainer-trnd/index.html

Perhaps you should read my post again, out loud and slowly.

Lol, everyone pissed about the anthem while they break the us flag code on the field by displaying the flag flat to the ground. It should only ever be displayed free and flying. Same goes for all the fuckin 'murica apparel that is American flag print. Also against us flag code. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Lol, everyone pissed about the anthem while they break the us flag code on the field by displaying the flag flat to the ground. It should only ever be displayed free and flying. Same goes for all the fuckin 'murica apparel that is American flag print. Also against us flag code. 

Flag code is violated all over the place. Hell the Oval office had an american flag rug which is against code.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1