Kneeling for the anthem and flag.

HeavyDuty

Great post!  I will not be watching NFL this year.  If all "professional" sports start choosing to kneel, I will not be supporting them in any way.  I sure hope none of the CBJ players plan to do this.  I will really miss watching and going to see them!

7 hours ago, HeavyDuty said:

Why has it become a race issue if you appose knelling for the flag you are immediately labeled a racist? Sorry but  this has nothing to do with racism at all they just chose the wrong banner to use  and for those of you who do not understand here is how most of us old veterans feel

Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don't know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn. Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience. Then take a knee.

Then, take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces...the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. From Khe San to Saigon... Anywhere will do. REAL Americans died in all those jungles. There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well...and spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat... Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress... Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.

There are a lot of places to take a knee. Real Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.

While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken....but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women...delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us...blazing a path so you would have the right to "take a knee."

You haven't inkling what it took to get you where you are; but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose go defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is issued.

Unknown 

I know this site is mostly Liberal and I thought a long time about posting this here but this is important to me. I have 2 season tickets on game days I will be finding other thing to do and places to go those seats will remain empty this year..

Great Post HD but you left out the last part of the statement authored by Stanislaus Drew

"Take a Knee"  Cont:

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all...because He is the one who provides those things.

And there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave It goes like this...
"GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

by Stanislaus Drew

Edited by B-Mac
  • Upvote 3

Oh FFS, they are not protesting the flag, or the anthem or insulting vets. Even Fox News gets it. Trump is playing you, intentionally dividing the country to hide his batshit insanity. No different than any other politician has done from any other party.

If you peeps are really buying this bullshit we are totally fucked.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I do however take exception to the Washington REDskins protesting discrimination against people of color. That is some messed up stuff.

Here is an e-mail sent to Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune after an article he published concerning a name change for the Washington Redskins.

Dear Mr. Page:  I agree with our Native American population.  I am highly insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins.

One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay.  We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.

Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians.  If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive.  Gone.  It's offensive to us white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population.  Do you see a team named for the Confederacy?  No!  There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men's lives.

I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names.  Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates!

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children.  The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits.  Wrong message to our children.

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic.  Wrong message to our children.

The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates.  Wrong message to our children.

The Milwaukee Brewers.  Well that goes without saying.  Wrong message to our children.

So, there you go.  We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should.  Just the kind of thing the do-nothing Congress loves.

As a diehard Oregon State fan, my wife and I, with all of this in mind, suggest it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers (especially when they play Southern California.  Do we really want the Trojans sticking it to the Beavers???

I always love your articles and I generally agree with them.  As for the Redskins name I would suggest they change the name to the "Foreskins" to better represent their community, paying tribute to the dick heads in Washington DC.

image.png.24b287322d7dfb373c81753ba8a41ea1.png

So the implication in that wall of text is that people shouldn't be so easily offended? Great advice, I hope those offended by the anthem protests get your message. After all, that right to protest was a huge part of what they were defending. In fact peacefully excercising that right seems like the ultimate recognition of their sacrifice.

Way better than naming a team after them.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Tonik said:
52 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Oh FFS, they are not protesting the flag, or the anthem or insulting vets.

Tonik, You are so right.

Colin Kaepernicks quote: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Do you think that the NFL Players in  London's Wembley Stadium that took a knee for the USA Anthem but stood for “God save the Queen” have any idea about the history of the British empire?

Mr. Kaepernick,  Are there people of color in India and the middle east?

https://listverse.com/2014/02/04/10-evil-crimes-of-the-british-empire/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I wanna know how many of you fucks stand for the national anthem when you're watching at home? 

I actually do. 

But I could care less what anyone else chooses to do. If someone wants to be a douch canoe, let them. It's thier right to be one it dose not affect my day or my beliefs. I show my respect to the ones that have given me the freedoms that I have and that's all that matters to me. Goes back to the old saying. You can't fix stupid. Don't get me wrong I wish they would not kneel but not my place to tell them they can't. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I wanna know how many of you fucks stand for the national anthem when you're watching at home? 

I will admit that I do not.  However, I am not making millions of dollars, on national stage, as an entertainer, portraying negative attitude towards our national anthem (with millions of Americans watching and being influenced by the athletes).  I have almost no influence on anyone, and nobody is watching me as a role model. 

Lol...I guess I bit, huh?

Edited by Ron505
  • Upvote 1

My favorite point in all this anthem bullshit that nobody brings up is that it's been less than 10 years where NFL teams as a whole were present on the field for the anthem for all games. Why did that change you ask? Because the god damn government is wasting 6 millions dollars a year for this to happen. If Trump is so pissed about it maybe pull the funding and put it towards something of better use.

Better yet, if all you fucking idiots would have ignored this from the start instead of making a capital crime out of it then it would have gained zero traction and we wouldn't be talking about it. But most of you political cucks make a mountain out of a mole hill so we all have to deal with. FFS people these protesters are using the same constitution you are constantly beating your heads against and whining it's not being followed anymore.

Lastly, I do not agree with the protests but it is the freedom afforded to them by this once great country so guess what I do? IGNORE IT because I could give two shits about whatever cause they kneeling about

Edited by Bad324
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ron505 said:

I will admit that I do not.  However, I am not making millions of dollars, on national stage, as an entertainer, portraying negative attitude towards our national anthem (with millions of Americans watching and being influenced by the athletes).  I have almost no influence on anyone, and nobody is watching me as a role model. 

Lol...I guess I bit, huh?

If people are using athletes as role models still then that is their own dumbass fault. For every ONE legit professional athlete that is a role model then I'll give 15-20 who are not. I know I sure as shit won't let my girls idolize the likes of these asshole athletes, entertainers and kim kardishian nobodies. You want to look up to somebody? Find a mentor that's going to better yourself and not line dumb folks pockets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

While some do, this is not a requirement or custom.

§171. Conduct during playing

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Colin Kaepernicks quote: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Worth watching

• Upvote 2

I voted for Trump and although I don't agree with a bunch of things I don't regret that vote at all. First, my wallet isn't being raided by lazy bleeding hearts and second and more importantly is he is making the Extreme Left and Extreme Right jackwagons look even dumber and more gullible than they have in the last decade. I fucking love it to be honest

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Nope! But I damn sure do while attending any event that has the anthem! And will continue to do so, no matter what happens in this country. I've never seen anyone kneeling at Bristol motor speedway...

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/09/24/nascar-owners-warn-drivers-about-national-anthem-protests-nfl

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, M_Quick said:

I've never seen anyone kneeling at Bristol motor speedway...

Again I think the protests in general are stupid and I hate the feigned bullshit that cops only shoot black dudes but let's be honest how many rednecks are getting shot by police in comparison?

Which is the root issue that started this cockamamie bullshit anyway