New Bike - 2005 Triumph Sprint St

600ZZ4eb

2 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

Very cool, I would still have mine if I didn't crash it.  I would recommend some good quality driving lights to add to it if you plan to ride at night.  The stock headlights could have been much better.

Thanks. Ive heard the stock lights are terrible. Gonna try some different bulbs but dont plan on riding too much after dark.

Better bulbs probably won't help.  The problem is they are a projector beam, when you lean into a turn the cutoff line for the projector causes everything in the corner to go dark.  You'll probably love everything else about the sprint so they are still an awesome motorcycle.  Congrats.

Congrats! My '06 is the same color and as I have stated many times before, I absolutely love the bike. What exhaust does yours have? I can see it is not stock.  Depending on your size you may want to look at upgrading the springs in the forks. I did that and it completely changed to bike from a handling and feel perspective. I had a custom seat made this year after finally having enough of the terrible factory seat. Next up is to replace the rear shock. If you are going to do your own work I highly recommend purchasing Dealertool which is the software package to allow you to do diagnostics. 

Edited by cmh_sprint
Added additional thoughts.

19 hours ago, cmh_sprint said:

Congrats! My '06 is the same color and as I have stated many times before, I absolutely love the bike. What exhaust does yours have? I can see it is not stock.  Depending on your size you may want to look at upgrading the springs in the forks. I did that and it completely changed to bike from a handling and feel perspective. I had a custom seat made this year after finally having enough of the terrible factory seat. Next up is to replace the rear shock. If you are going to do your own work I highly recommend purchasing Dealertool which is the software package to allow you to do diagnostics. 

The guy I got it from did many upgrades: 2 Brothers Carbon Pipe, K&N, Triumph Off Road Fuel Map, Upgraded Mosfet Regulator/Rectifier, Heated Grips, Re-Valved/Rebuilt Rear Shock, Custom Shim Stack in Front Forks, Powerbronze Hugger, Speedo Healer, Upgraded Sprag Clutch, Double Bubble Windscreen, Givi TankLoc Tank Bag. 

The folks and shocks are set for 185 and I need them up 35-40 to about 220. Haven't looked into that yet. 

Edited by 600ZZ4eb

On 9/23/2017 at 10:29 PM, vf1000ride said:

Better bulbs probably won't help.  The problem is they are a projector beam, when you lean into a turn the cutoff line for the projector causes everything in the corner to go dark.  You'll probably love everything else about the sprint so they are still an awesome motorcycle.  Congrats.

Gotcha. Thanks 

On 9/25/2017 at 5:31 PM, 600ZZ4eb said:

The guy I got it from did many upgrades: 2 Brothers Carbon Pipe, K&N, Triumph Off Road Fuel Map, Upgraded Mosfet Regulator/Rectifier, Heated Grips, Re-Valved/Rebuilt Rear Shock, Custom Shim Stack in Front Forks, Powerbronze Hugger, Speedo Healer, Upgraded Sprag Clutch, Double Bubble Windscreen, Givi TankLoc Tank Bag. 

The folks and shocks are set for 185 and I need them up 35-40 to about 220. Haven't looked into that yet. 

Sounds like you got a nice bike. Any information on what the upgraded sprag clutch is would be greatly appreciated. I believe mine may be on the way out.