Free electricity

Howabusa

Our electric company sucks, it is not AEP. For the past few years, every July they estimate our bill and it is double what we use. So, my August bill was $10. Thursday someone shows up to change the electric meter, he said it wasn't working right. I got my September bill today, it was $4! About a month ago our electric pole or line got hit by lighting. It was the middle of the night and I watched them reset the breaker on the pole. Apparently it fired the meter! So we got free electricity for a month! Cool!

Nice!

The transformer for my house and several neighbors is on a pole in my back yard.  We had a young squirrel a couple years ago trip the line breaker, made him pretty crispy.  They sent out a third party crew to reset it, but every time they tried, it sent sparks everywhere.  Then an actual Edison crew came out to swap out the whole breaker assembly.  It was kind of interesting to watch.  Anyway, it didn't fry my meter, but I did have a few small electronics stop working.  Now everything sensitive is on a surge suppressor.  

• Upvote 1