Dunlop Roadsmart III's - $100 rebate during September

waynesworld

I bought a set of the new Dunlop Roadsmart III's in August, without knowing that there was a $60 rebate on a pair at the time. They were right at $300 for the pair for my 2007 Speed Triple (before rebate). Now there is a rebate in September of $100 on a set. If you want/need a new set of sport touring tires, you should really consider buying these during September. 

I started riding again last year after a 26 year hiatus, so I don't have a lot to compare them to. And they are very new - 400-500 miles on them now. And all new tires feel great (or they should). But this is the third new set of tires I've ridden since early last year (New Metzerlers on a new Bonne, Shinko 705's on a 955i Tiger, and these), and these are pretty damn great so far. 

I've had them around Hocking Hills, all over Columbus, and they have been nothing but great. They feel good, handle well, and (so far) they handle uneven pavement (when there is a change in the pavement that tracks differently from your intended line) like it wasn't there. None of the tires on any of my other bikes handle changes in pavement like that, or even close. 

So yeah, that's all I've got. If you want $100 off a great set of tires, you're welcome :) 

Edited by waynesworld
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Helmutt said:

Thinking I'll go ahead and order a set.  My Angels wont last through spring and the gap trip next year

I like the RS3s so far. I have not been to SEO yet to really get a feel for them in corners, but I have hit a couple of esses near home I like. So far I can't really tell a difference in feel between these and the Pilot Road 2s I was running prior. I'd check with Mike at Riders Discount before I ordered from anyone else. He beat all the prices I researched. 

• Like 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, durk said:

I like the RS3s so far. I have not been to SEO yet to really get a feel for them in corners, but I have hit a couple of esses near home I like. So far I can't really tell a difference in feel between these and the Pilot Road 2s I was running prior. I'd check with Mike at Riders Discount before I ordered from anyone else. He beat all the prices I researched. 

I loved the RS2's on my ZX14, that back tire took quite a whoopin and did so like a champ....so I'm confident the RS3's will perform well.  My Angel GTs have been great on my Sprint, but it's due for new in a couple thousand and the Dunlop rebate looks appealing

Edited by Helmutt
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Helmutt said:

I loved the RS2's on my ZX14, that back tire took quite a whoopin and did so like a champ....so I'm confident the RS3's will perform well.  My Angel GTs have been great on my Sprint, but it's due for new in a couple thousand and the Dunlop rebate looks appealing

My best description for the RS3s is they handle like Angel GTs but get the mileage of PR4GTs. Tip in is much quicker than T30s or PR4GTs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2017 at 10:57 AM, 2talltim said:

FYI.... THE $100 REBATE WAS ONLY GOOD ON PURCHAES FROM THE 1ST TO THE 10TH OF SEPTEMBER

https://www.dunlopmotorcyclerebates.com/Public/ExpressRebateLandingPage.aspx

Wow, sorry about that. Thanks for the correction. I am really liking mine, which I bought without knowing about the rebate, so I got lucky. 

On 9/22/2017 at 10:39 AM, JustinNck1 said:

My best description for the RS3s is they handle like Angel GTs but get the mileage of PR4GTs. Tip in is much quicker than T30s or PR4GTs.

That sounds like just about the perfect tire to me. Awesome! 

30 minutes ago, waynesworld said:

Wow, sorry about that. Thanks for the correction. I am really liking mine, which I bought without knowing about the rebate, so I got lucky. 

I bought a set on the $60 and one set on the $100 rebate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a chance to push the RS3s today on 377, 676, and 26. Somebody mentioned they were curious to see if the tires would live up to the claims made about them. As far as grip and feel I think they are great. They don't stick like a Q3 but I never felt uncomfortable at all today, and I rode it like I stole it at times. The only question now is longevity. I can tell you I have 1400 miles on them so far and they show little signs of wear. They definitely will out last the Q3s I killed in 2000 miles. 

• Like 1
  • Beer 1