Party at my house 9/23

jacobhawkins

Hey everybody, some OR  folks are coming to Columbus for the AIMExpo and Katie and I are opening up our place as a spot to hang after the show this coming Saturday.  If you're on OR, you're likely not a dick, so come on over even if you're not going to the show.  More the merrier.  We have 2 acres about 10 minutes from the convention center, space for plenty of bikes/cars, a big fire pit, grill, motorcycle garage with a beer fridge.

2 acres, so there is plenty of space to camp or a cheap Uber ride to a hotel.  Neighbors are very cool, they are more into hot rods, so no worries about noise late at night.

If you post up if you'll be coming over, I'll make sure to get some beer that doesn't suck and some stuff to throw on the grill.

6ish to get things going?

My house is here.  We just got it, so below are some pics when it was a little more of disaster, but you get the idea.

1501454275133691744091.jpg

15014543183961669231349.jpg

15014543362061762559510.jpg

• Beer 2

The driveway is easy to miss, it comes up fast right over the hill. Jacob and Katie (though from what Jacob said, mostly Katie) found a great spot right in the middle of Columbus. You'd never know you weren't out in the country looking around in their back yard.  

On 9/20/2017 at 12:32 AM, Helmutt said:

Good of you and the wife to open your home for fellow riders!  Wife and I plan to go to the show, just not sure what day yet

Well come on down Saturday and hang out!

7 hours ago, Danimal said:

may ride the DR down for this. Not too interested in the show though.Have already seen and sat on all the bikes I can't afford.

Now gotta see if I can get the luggage racks installed 

Great!  Hope you get that luggage sorted.

11 hours ago, Danimal said:

may ride the DR down for this. Not too interested in the show though.Have already seen and sat on all the bikes I can't afford.

Now gotta see if I can get the luggage racks installed 

I'll be around my house in the morning and afternoon if you want to stop by to say hey on your way.

Edited by 2talltim

On 9/19/2017 at 6:43 PM, NinjaDoc said:

Who ever is not going to aim expo should just ride in AM and crash the party in evening :) 

Hey, if you're out and about and want to stop over, I still have those extra side cases for an FJR.  Yours if you want them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

Hey, if you're out and about and want to stop over, I still have those extra side cases for an FJR.  Yours if you want them.

I am looking at "logistics" at home to see if I can make this happen. Not for the fjr cases just to meet and greet you guys for being good people :) More than likely I won't be able to make it since it gets dark so fast and I have to be back home Saturday itself :( 

So my plan is to leave Saturday morning from Toledo and arrive at Iron Pony.  Do the Iron Pony/SubD Meetup thing to AimExpo.  Check out AimExpo and then after is completely open.  Not sure if I plan to stay the night and go back on Sunday or ride back Saturday.  Either way I'll be coming down from Toledo with about 7 others so not sure what our afterward plan is.  I'll let you know more as I know more 

1 hour ago, DerekClouser said:

So my plan is to leave Saturday morning from Toledo and arrive at Iron Pony.  Do the Iron Pony/SubD Meetup thing to AimExpo.  Check out AimExpo and then after is completely open.  Not sure if I plan to stay the night and go back on Sunday or ride back Saturday.  Either way I'll be coming down from Toledo with about 7 others so not sure what our afterward plan is.  I'll let you know more as I know more 

Come over.  

9 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Jacob

odd request. 

My tire changer is not available (bolted to floor of friends house who is away for a few weeks)

you happen to have this ability in your garage?

if so could I haul a pair of tires down on the back of the DR and swap them there?

bike has ancient shitty conti road tires about gone. Putting on 50/50 knobbies. With tubes. Can bring spare tubes in case

sorry if imposing

on better news, luggage racks fit perfectly 

Tires have been changed there.  @what has some tools, I have some tools.  If he's coming over, I think he's planning on it, we could get new rubber on there.  

You have spools?  Been thinking of getting another stand for the Ducati anyway and that doesn't have spools.  I'll check the pin size for the front.  Or we can put it on the milk crate I use for my xr if we can't make my front stand work.

Edited by jacobhawkins

You welcome to stop by my place tomorrow morning too @Danimal to change tires. I don't have stands but we can hang it from the rafters that's what I did with a friends Daytona . I have a no-mar changer now.

Edited by 2talltim