Gap BRP trip

Howabusa

Check on the website for the BRP.  They had some heavy tree damage from Irma coming through last Monday and I know the section from Ashville NC up to Mount Mitchel is still closed due to trees coming down in the storm.

https://www.nps.gov/maps/full.html?mapId=e212fcb5-4ff9-4787-bbe4-3d40cc0d0daa#10/35.8735/-81.8207

If you're near Wytheville, VA on your way back, stop by the Ramada Inn. The FJR EOM rally starts Thursday the 28th. I'll be going down 16 that day, let me know if you see any issues with it. Have fun, most be nice to have all the days in the middle of the week off. :lol:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

If you're near Wytheville, VA on your way back, stop by the Ramada Inn. The FJR EOM rally starts Thursday the 28th. I'll be going down 16 that day, let me know if you see any issues with it. Have fun, most be nice to have all the days in the middle of the week off. :lol:

If I am in that area Thursday I might stop. Riding during the week is nice.

I left the house at 9:30 this morning. 478 miles for the day! I haven't rode that much in a day for a while. In Wytheville, VA. 200 miles to Ellenboro WV to head south on WV16. Damn, I love that road. The part south of Gaully bridge reminds me of Blood Mountain. I was hanging off the bike and still ground the pegs on both sides. That always puts a smile on the face!

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 2

830 miles total for 2 days. I jumped on the Blue Ridge at mile marker 217 and rode down to 423 mile marker. Took 215 south to Charley's creek road, like the Dragon but needs paved. Staying in Franklin at the Microtel for 2 nights. Planning on doing the 28, N. Georgia loop tomorrow with Krambonz for lunch.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

I stayed in Franklin 2 years ago and really enjoyed the Valley River Brewery, downtown, for good beers, good food, and friendly bartender.

I don't do the beer/ brewery thing. Unless I am with a bunch of OR drinkers. Lol

11 hours ago, Howabusa said:

830 miles total for 2 days. I jumped on the Blue Ridge at mile marker 217 and rode down to 423 mile marker. Took 215 south to Charley's creek road, like the Dragon but needs paved. Staying in Franklin at the Microtel for 2 nights. Planning on doing the 28, N. Georgia loop tomorrow with Krambonz for lunch.

I might skip this thread after lunch time. Really don't want to see a picture of that Smokey goodness while I'm eating my salad here at work.

• Upvote 1

370 miles today, 1200 for 3 days! Awesome day, very little traffic. I did the Georgia loop. I love 28 south of Highlands to Warwoman. Forgot how nice 68 is south of Tellico Plains. The Skyway was great, I forgot that some of it has been recently paved. The FJR loves it, 3rd gear 50-70 mph almost the whole way. Did one pass on the Dragon. 28 from 74 south to the Macon county line is bad, it has fresh asphalt patches. It looks like they are ready to topcoat it. And for a late lunch, Krambonz beef brisket. 

IMG_3096.JPG

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2