The new iPhone is here!!

Tonik

Lots of great innovative features:

Facial recognition. (4 years ago with Android)

Wireless charging. (2 years ago with Android)

Water resistance.  (3 years ago with Android)

Awesome new screen. (Made by Samsung)

So iTards, you are paying a grand for a 2 to 4 year old Android phone. Enjoy.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

You forgot to mention the lower pixel density is 459 ppi vs my Galaxy S8+ at 529 ppi. They didn't even get the best Samsung screen when outsourcing. Then they had the audacity to claim that their glass is stronger than any other smartphone screen. I'm sure Gorilla Glass has a different opinion...

Eh, I'm an iPhone fan because it always seems to work and work smoothyl.  The apps work, the battery life is strong.  

That's not to say that Android may or may not be better, I've just always had little issues with every android I owned.  Granted it was never a Galaxy.  

I didn't have to update my apps every third day to fix some sort of Phone specific bug...

But most importantly, if I can't figure out how to do something, I can search and find the correct answer within seconds. 

But I don't pay for my phone anymore so I kind of just go with whatever my employer gives me.  

33 minutes ago, Tonik said:

My 4 year old Motorola MAXX has wireless charging!  

And no, I don't think i will ever purchase another apple product after dealing with Itunes.

9 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

But most importantly, if I can't figure out how to do something, I can search and find the correct answer within seconds. 

How do you import a custom route into a navigation program on an iPhone?

8 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Use an app like scenic.  You can paste the short google maps link and will import the custom navigation.

Oh... you can't... Scenic is only for iPhones.

14 minutes ago, flashesbuck said:

Also wireless charging is much older, I remember hacking my Samsung Galaxy from Verizon, to add wireless charging. 

I really hope more oem pickup on the wireless charging. This is way under rated

Car manufacturers are starting to implement it so hopefully in the near future, you'll get into your car and you can set your phone on your center console and it'll auto connect to bluetooth and wireless charging.  So convenient.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Facial recognition. (4 years ago with Android)

Water resistance.  (3 years ago with Android)

Awesome new screen. (Made by Samsung)

So iTards, you are paying a grand for a 2 to 4 year old Android phone. Enjoy.

Are there any Android devices out there that have all the features of the iPhone X and actually work well? I don't think so. I've heard the facial recognition is crap on Android and can be defeated with a picture of the person. I have no first hand experience so that could be inaccurate - just what I've read.

I get tired of hearing that Android had x first, etc. etc. Not trying to be an Apple fanboi here but yeah, the features are generally found across the universe of Android phones. But, when you are looking at android phones, there are a number of manufacturers on different development cycles who don't necessarily care if the hardware meshes with the generic android OS - quite the opposite, most have customizations in the software to make it fit their hardware. So yeah, android generally comes out with functionality earlier but it's coming from multiple companies on variable timelines vs a single company that has a pretty consistent product update/release cycle.

Android vs Apple is a tired debate. I'm also personally tired of Apple's ego stroking press events and product unveils and there are a large number of sheeple drones that clamor for anything Apple. I'm pretty invested in their ecosystem so I continue on, but I don't have any major complaints. If I had to switch platforms, I don't think I'd be unhappy about it other than all of the apps I've paid for that I'd have to leave behind. I do like the Apple watch and definitely feel like it currently has no peer in terms of functionality and ease of use so that alone keeps me on the Apple side of things. Some of the new Android phones from Samsung and Google are pretty nice but I'll stay put for now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DerekClouser said:

He said no 'good' tablets.  

You're welcome. 

I have an iPad Pro (the smaller one) and a Surface Pro 4. The SP4 is great as a laptop, clumsy but usable as a tablet. I've had issues with the pen (replacing the tip seemed to fix it) and periodically I have issues with it recognizing the keyboard to the point where I have to do a hard reboot. The iPad Pro is nice, the pencil works great but I would never use it as a laptop or for any sizable business type efforts (i.e. documents, spreadsheets, etc).

1 minute ago, ScubaCinci said:

I'm pretty invested in their ecosystem so I continue on, but I don't have any major complaints.

This is the major issue with most consumers on Apple devices. It's the overall investment they don't wanna walk away from, and i get that. They make great products, I just hate their marketing and rollouts as "Revolutionary" products, like they are innovators. They are just adopters of the technology.

3 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

That's right, it's a great tablet. :lol:

I tried the Pro, I had the First iteration. I felt it made a better computer than a tablet. I almost spring for the Surface pro 3 at the time, but the Ipad pro was a hair cheaper. I would love a new Nexus 7, with the new snapdragon 835, but thats not going to happen. 

And believe it or not, i got alot of use outta a amazon fire 7, the cheapo 50$ one, To this day, 2 years later, that thing is still being used as a baby monitor. 

Hey dont get me wrong, I think iOS is a great option. And we need choose! I just wish they would stop acting like they just came up with these ideas! Also, how much you wanna bet that, the wireless charging is no way compatible with anything Samsung or anyone else has ever made!

They also need to bring the price back to reality. 

P.S. I my current daily is an S8, and i just placed and order for the new Oneplus 5. I cannot stand what Samsung has done to the O.S. They managed to slow down that new 835. My old phone was a Oneplus 3, and it was faster than this S8 is.

9 minutes ago, flashesbuck said:

Also, how much you wanna bet that, the wireless charging is no way compatible with anything Samsung or anyone else has ever made!

Might not want to put money on that...(hint: it uses the Q1 wireless charging standard which just about everyone else in the industry uses).

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

You can...just not with Sygic which is an app specific limitation, not the OS (though it's been many months since I've tried, they may have done an update and it may be good to go now).

4 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

Might not want to put money on that...(hint: it uses the Q1 wireless charging standard which just about everyone else in the industry uses).

I hope your right, as some vehicles are adding wireless charging to the dash. How stupid would it be to have a 40K Toyota truck, and not be able to use that feature. 

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Yea, but it isn't using 2 to 4 year old Android tech like the latest and greatest iPhone is.

Apple has never been at the forefront of tech, they are good at consolidating and polishing existing tech and packaging it for the masses. Kinda like how blizzard is with video games.