Equifux

motocat12

Take their credit monitoring. And yea, freeze your credit on the big three. That day has come, IT security is fucked, and will be for quite aome time. Also get some identity theft insurance. Check your renters or your home owners....often already included. If not add it or look at lifelock or someone like that.

It isnt so much that you will loose money, its that your life will be hell for years if you get hit with an identity theft. Total unimaginable hell.

9 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Take their credit monitoring. And yea, freeze your credit on the big three. That day has come, IT security is fucked, and will be for quite aome time. Also get some identity theft insurance. Check your renters or your home owners....often already included. If not add it or look at lifelock or someone like that.

It isnt so much that you will loose money, its that your life will be hell for years if you get hit with an identity theft. Total unimaginable hell.

I know I am total dummy when it comes to these matters. But can you explain it in a little more dumper version. Few essential steps to take. 

I heard on the credit monitoring depending on what you sign you may give up the right to sue or class action. Also it was offered for one year, then your identity info's still out there but they auto charge you for year 2. they may have gotten enough beef and changed the tune.

So using the link that Equifax supplies to check if your information has been impacted by this. I entered 3 different false names and number and all 3 of them gave me this message.

Thank You

Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident.

Click the button below to continue your enrollment in TrustedID Premier.

Edited by 2talltim

11 hours ago, 2talltim said:

So using the link that Equifax supplies to check if your information has been impacted by this. I entered 3 different false names and number and all 3 of them gave me this message.

Thank You

Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident.

Jesus, how can they continue to fuck this up...

11 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Thank You

don't enter any kind of info to their site (real info) and do not sign up to their protection.  you forfit your rights to sue them once you agree to their terms and conditions. they're telling people all over the news to be aware of their clause.  so far experts are telling people to freeze your credit and keep checking your bank accounts daily.  all 3 of them do charge you to do freeze your credit though.  

Edited by serpentracer

20 hours ago, serpentracer said:

I also love how you can't get ahold of equifux to freeze your credit with them.  nice...

and experian is showing I opened a car loan in march of 2016.  I surely did not.  this is not showing on free credit report results.

March of 2016??? Your all over that!:lol: