NEO Cycle 9/8 - 9/10

redkow97

I don't think I used the word "regretted," but riding the sand definitely sucked my energy for that switchback climb up around the tree, and yes, that was almost definitely me, given how closely we finished to each other. 

I felt great yesterday morning - which was a stark contrast to finishing the XC race and then wanting to puke.

My only regret from the CX race is that I was way too polite at the start.  I should have wedged my way up to the front for the horn, rather than allowing the leaders to run away while I sat in traffic the first half of the first lap.

the only time I unclipped that entire race was when the guy in front of me hopped off his bike and stopped dead in his tracks in the sand.  I'm so used to MTB races, where walkers are supposed to yield to riders, it was pissing me off having to navigate through the beach traffic.  Staying upright was hard enough without having to weave!!