My track bike conundrum.

Tonik

47 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Use Tim's someone need to show him up on it. :D

Hahaha... nah, I'm not really a G S X R kind of girl.

25 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Cut down to 1 Starbucks a day instead of 2 and that would generate 2 grand in a year easy. 2K will get you a decent track bike.

Yeah but right now 2K is going towards a suit and hopefully new rearsets...  I need to find a track day investor...

Just now, tall_tracy said:

Yeah but right now 2K is going towards a suit

I have this one, lots of us do. Pretty darn good suit.

http://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pi.asp/ImageName/ixscamaro.jpg/Brand/IXS/c2/Riding-Suits/c3/Two-Piece-Suits/c1/Street-Products/KitKey2/Camaro-Leather-2-Piece-Suit-

5 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I've got my people looking for me - it's gonna be a challenge to find a suit for my amazon stature but I have my fingers crossed that they can find something that fits.  I really want a one piece but having a long torso combined with being so tall makes it that much more difficult, luckily I have all winter to search...

46 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

I've got my people looking for me - 

Dang, I thought I was one of those people. That Tristian guy bumped me out didn't he. I hate that guy.

IP has boatloads of one piece in the 500 range. Might at least help narrow down the size. Sizing sucked, I tried on 3 of them before I got it right. Still lose in the hips since I dont have any but zipped together the jacket holds it up. :lol:

1 hour ago, tall_tracy said:

I've got my people looking for me - it's gonna be a challenge to find a suit for my amazon stature but I have my fingers crossed that they can find something that fits.  I really want a one piece but having a long torso combined with being so tall makes it that much more difficult, luckily I have all winter to search...

@RidersDiscount Mike?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Dang, I thought I was one of those people. That Tristian guy bumped me out didn't he. I hate that guy.

IP has boatloads of one piece in the 500 range. Might at least help narrow down the size. Sizing sucked, I tried on 3 of them before I got it right. Still lose in the hips since I dont have any but zipped together the jacket holds it up. :lol:

You need a Dianese suit. They're more suited to meth abuser body build

• Haha 1

Il paste my for sale add. I need to create a new one as I edited a for trade add and think I lost a bit of attention that way. 

Its a legit well setup low mile R6.

2013 R6, 3600 miles

Ohlins  30mm cartridges with 1.0 springs serviced by MDM part way through this season

Ohlins TTX shock with. 95 spring serviced by MDM part way through this season

LeoVince full titanium exhaust
Translogic quick shifter
Gpx pro lap timer
Ohlins steering damper
GB covers on everything 
Extra set of wheels
Extra tail already painted
4 different rear sprockets
Goodridge stainless lines
Sbs pads with 2 days on them
Armorbodies body work
Woodcraft shark guard 

Certificate of origin
Was bought new and taken to markbilt by original owner to convert it to a track bike. I am the second owner. 

Had a slow crash on one side at njmp this year. But I used tape the same color as the body work and it is well hidden. Windscreen is also cracked.

Shoot me a pm if interested and I can send pictures, dont want to clog this thread up too much. I posted some recent videos from summit and I am done riding for the rest of the year so its gonna sit. I asked 8k in a FB group but understand thats probably a bit high. Would still like to get in the ball park of 7500 or trade plus cash on my end for a 16 R1. 

4 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

The rest of us get to enjoy the view 

Thanks, but I don't think that would be "safe"...  lol

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

No, Tristan didn't bump you, you are still one of those people.  I have someone working on finding me a suit, she measured me and will see what works for my amazonedness.  Unlike you I have hips, but I'm not built like a square like most men, so men's suits don't fit exactly right, except in length so we'll see was happens.  Luckily the season is winding down, so I have plenty of time to search for this holy grail of suits... lol

3 hours ago, RidersDiscount said:

@tall_tracy I have plenty of suits and price points. Just trying to find one that fits you is the hard part. Shoot me a call or PM if I can help. 

Thanks Mike.  Yes, sizing is my biggest challenge, that's why I have someone local helping me with it.

12 hours ago, Tonik said:

Ok, don't hate him anymore. Did you know he used to work for my kid?

Don't hate him, he's a good kid.  It's difficult to get bumped from my list but it happens occasionally...

Yes, he asked me how I knew you last time I saw him and told me he had worked for your son.

27 minutes ago, Danimal said:

https://www.spartanleathers.com/motorcycle-leathers/spartaness-1pc-motorcycle-leathers-custom?zenid=188sbbukmfvg85lfhuf0vep151

tell him Danimal from SV Rider recommended him. Good stuff. Custom fit. Not as costly as many 

I remember when this guy was just getting going selling his suits, glad it has taken off for him. I may look into a suit from him next year once I drop another 60lbs. 

Edited by what

Spartan's pricing used to be downright insane for a custom-fit suit.  They're still well-priced, but I'm kicking myself for not buying a custom fit 4 years ago.

Keep in mind that there are people who will do alterations to off-the-rack suits.  I believe Barnacle Bill would do that.  Not sure if he has retired though.  But don't write off the possibility of having a $200 suit from Todd (for example) altered to fit the way it should for another $200.  That's still money well spent for those who don't have an "off-the-rack" build.

@RidersDiscount is welcome to correct me on this if I'm talking out of my ass, but their entry level suits ($500-$600) are still great quality suits - they just aren't necessarily built to crash 15 times without repairs.  They'll still save your skin (and bones) if you go down at a track day - you're just more likely to need repairs to that suit sooner than the ultra high-quality models that are lighter, and meant to withstand a lot more use than casual trackday riders will likely put them through.

8 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

Spartan's pricing used to be downright insane for a custom-fit suit.  They're still well-priced, but I'm kicking myself for not buying a custom fit 4 years ago.

Keep in mind that there are people who will do alterations to off-the-rack suits.  I believe Barnacle Bill would do that.  Not sure if he has retired though.  But don't write off the possibility of having a $200 suit from Todd (for example) altered to fit the way it should for another $200.  That's still money well spent for those who don't have an "off-the-rack" build.

@RidersDiscount is welcome to correct me on this if I'm talking out of my ass, but their entry level suits ($500-$600) are still great quality suits - they just aren't necessarily built to crash 15 times without repairs.  They'll still save your skin (and bones) if you go down at a track day - you're just more likely to need repairs to that suit sooner than the ultra high-quality models that are lighter, and meant to withstand a lot more use than casual trackday riders will likely put them through.

Can't comment on the Spartans product as I do not carry and have not seen in person but I can tell you that you can still get a great suit for the money in that price range with a brand like RST. It's more than just price point you want to look for, some offer better protection, upgraded armor, stretch panels for better fit, thicker leather in the right places ect...As always, I am happy to help with questions.