Motorcycle Security Newbie Alert

iRide2wheels

Hi guys,

I'm new so thanks for the board! I ride throughout MI, IN and OH. I race a lot of motocross but also have Yamaha R6. I figured it's time I look into an easy way to secure my bikes from theft. 

A good friend of mine bought one of these and really likes it *** REMOVED SPAM LINK *** and it looks like it will work on dirt bikes or street bikes.

What do you guys think of it? What do you use?

Thanks!

Edited by Casper
*** REMOVED SPAM LINK ***
  • Downvote 3

On 9/5/2017 at 0:40 PM, iRide2wheels said:

Hi guys,

I'm new so thanks for the board! I ride throughout MI, IN and OH. I race a lot of motocross but also have Yamaha R6. I figured it's time I look into an easy way to secure my bikes from theft. 

A good friend of mine bought one of these and really likes it and it looks like it will work on dirt bikes or street bikes.

What do you guys think of it? What do you use?

Thanks!

I can bypass that with a pocket knife in 5 seconds. So it is worthless.

I secure mine with gravity and insurance. Nobody want to push a 650 lb bike too far and I hope they do so I can get a new one.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Like 1

That looks less effective and secure than an disc lock, though less likely to be forgotten and cause you to break something.

Unfortunately for dirt bikes, scooters and performance motorcycles the most common theft is just picking up the bike and putting it in a truck or on a trailer. 2 guys can easily load a dirt bike into a pickup, even is the front wheel is locked.

The best security if not in a locked garage is chaining the bike to something solid with a good chain and lock. Cables are next best and disc locks with alarms can be effective in some situations. 

Have good insurance and avoid leaving your bike unattended in questionable places is going to usually be the most convenient answer.

As an avid Amazon shopper it has been my experience that your chances of getting screwed  when purchasing something from a seller with no product reviews and very few overall sales is the same as telling a hooker you just cashed your income tax check; pretty much assured. 

11 hours ago, Tonyblaze said:

As an avid Amazon shopper it has been my experience that your chances of getting screwed  when purchasing something from a seller with no product reviews and very few overall sales is the same as telling a hooker you just cashed your income tax check; pretty much assured. 

Being fulfilled by Amazon makes it easier, you get it and hate it just tell them it's garbage and send it back. I've sent all kinds of stuff back, half of it I just say it's broken so I don't have to pay return shipping just because I decided I didn't like it.