New addition to the garage...

EOdesmo

I've always been a fan of the big 2 strokes. I've been looking for one of these for a few years and ran across this one almost 2 months ago. Its taken awhile to get it here from Medford Oregon but it finally showed up last Monday. Engine/suspension all stock(save for the chambers). AirTech fairings, R6 front brakes. I've only had time to take it for 1 (quite illegal) ride and everything works as it should on a 31 year old 2 smoke.  There's nothing quite like the power delivery of a 4 cylinder 2-stroke as it comes on the pipe :D.

DSCN3222 2.JPG

DSCN3219.JPG

• Beer 3

Pauly, my understanding is that this was a replica of Yamaha's GP bike,  4 cylinder, V-configuration, twin crankshafts geared together, reed valve induction/exhaust power valves.  My Suzuki RG500 was a replica of their older version of GP bike. 4 cylinder, square 4, twin cranks geared together, disc valve induction, exhaust power valves.  

I wish I would have kept the RG.   Strangely, it surfaced on the RG500 FB page. The new owner had just purchased it from the guy I sold it to16 years ago.  Looks identical to the day I sold it. At least he took good care of it.

22 hours ago, EOdesmo said:

I've always been a fan of the big 2 strokes. I've been looking for one of these for a few years and ran across this one almost 2 months ago. Its taken awhile to get it here from Medford Oregon but it finally showed up last Monday. Engine/suspension all stock(save for the chambers). AirTech fairings, R6 front brakes. I've only had time to take it for 1 (quite illegal) ride and everything works as it should on a 31 year old 2 smoke.  There's nothing quite like the power delivery of a 4 cylinder 2-stroke as it comes on the pipe :D.

DSCN3222 2.JPG

DSCN3219.JPG

Very cool.  Didn't you have a Gamma back in the day or am I thinking of someone else?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I bet that's one fast bike. :eek:

Back in 1985 it was really fast.  Any decent running mid 1990's 600cc sport bike would likely be more than a match for it today. The way it delivers it power it what make its so much fun to ride...

3 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Im more interested in the Duke in the background. We need to get out and let our Dukes play, I absolutely love mine

Sounds good Todd.  I was out playing on the SEO twisties today.  

2 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Very cool.  Didn't you have a Gamma back in the day or am I thinking of someone else?

Yes. I had a 1986 Suzuki RG500. Eventually sold it to keep the marriage intact...   I do remember a guy from Akron having an RG that was in on a few OR rides, prolly around 2003-04.  I had already sold mine by then... made him an offer on his to see if he would bite. :nono:  

• 2 months later...
On 9/3/2017 at 10:53 PM, mello dude said:

Oh my - wow! OK you owe us a sound clip!... 

I've managed to get the RGV together after 5 years of restoration. I just may get to go for a ride on it sunday.  I got The carbs on the RZ cleaned and sorted. Sounds MUCH better than when I took delivery.  The requested audio clips of both for you 2smokers :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1