Clutch cover reinstall

jacobhawkins

I had to replace a part inside the Daytona and now I am having major issues getting the cover back on.  Found this:  http://www.triumphrat.net/street-triple-forum/233024-clutch-cover-installation.html  on a Triumph forum and following that procedure it seems like I'm still missing the clutch pull rod with the arm.  Any hints?!?!?!  I'm about to say fuck it and start prepping Izzy for the track tomorrow.

55 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

I had to replace a part inside the Daytona and now I am having major issues getting the cover back on.  Found this:  http://www.triumphrat.net/street-triple-forum/233024-clutch-cover-installation.html  on a Triumph forum and following that procedure it seems like I'm still missing the clutch pull rod with the arm.  Any hints?!?!?!  I'm about to say fuck it and start prepping Izzy for the track tomorrow.

@TRMN8TR

1 minute ago, motocat12 said:

Was the clutch pack removed? positive everything is in the correct alignment? want another set of hands/eyes?

clutch basket came out, pretty sure it's all aligned properly.  I have a service manual for the previous gen Daytona and it's pretty much the same.  Love another set of eyes...  I'll send you a PM.

Just now, Tonik said:

I dont know how far you took it apart. So from your response I assume you left the pack alone. So my theory is invalid.

Had to take the the inner drum out and all the friction/steel plates.  The pull rod does not rely on their location.  It seats directly in the pressure plate and could be there with no friction/steel plates at all.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Don't know this bike, but most of these issues are caused by the clutch pack not in right. Almost always. Plates in upside down, wrong order...all of that is usually what it is.

Well as usual, @Tonik is right.  It was a steel plate spline alignment issue that @motocat12 caught right off the bat.  I'm back in business and ready to finish prepping this thing.  OR rocks!  Thank for the help!