I need to trade the Harley in

Hoblick

I love the Harley for long tours, and the wife likes it even better.  Great storage, great stereo, great ergos for comfort, and it is well balanced for a heavy ass bike.

but the Guzzi is just damn sexy, and the better brakes/suspension/ground clearance is one thing I wish the Harley had

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hoblick said:

I love the Harley for long tours, and the wife likes it even better.  Great storage, great stereo, great ergos for comfort, and it is well balanced for a heavy ass bike.

Wasting your breath here man, they won't get that. Not many of them have done 5K in 10 days 2 up.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Let's look at dealership figures. How many HD boutiques compared to MG bodegas? I bet there are more HD shops in Ohio than there are MG shops in the country. 

I wasn't speaking of MG owners, I was speaking of OR members in general.

39 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Not sure if I would let the HD go in favor of a Guzzi. That's a gamble and long tours are better spent with dealer support. 

This is very true as far as dealer support.  Harley's network of dealers probably outnumbers all Japanese dealers combined. This is great for touring. But I'd say reliability is about equal between HD and MG honestly.  Harley has their issues, and as much as I like the bikes, never once have I set off on the bike and not thought about what may break on it.  Luckily I've never really had an issues on long trips, as I service my bikes regularly, and always do pretty major pre trip inspections.  

Outside of that im a gluten for bikes that have their quirks and hard to get parts lol.  I've shown interest in MG before, but I just never took the plunge, I really like the California.  But happening across this model has sparked my interest big time again.  I really need to demo one first.  As the Ergos are important for touring duty.

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

Wasting your breath here man, they won't get that. Not many of them have done 5K in 10 days 2 up.

Maybe when I retire, but that would be 1 up because my wife don't ride bitch & If she does 5,000 miles it's on an airplane. I have done 2,400 miles of twisties in 4 days on a sporting bike but that attraction to slabbing eludes me.  If ya like it , more power to ya man.  I heard that you meet the nicest people on a Guzzi.

3 hours ago, Hoblick said:

I've ridden plenty of Harleys and actually own one now.  Balanced is not a word I've ever considered when describing a Harley.  Especially when riding back to back with something Japanese or European.  The engineering is in a different league.

My 06 street rod is probably the most nimble Harley ever built.  It weighs about the same as my VFR, but feels about 200 lbs heavier.