Great Weekend at PIRC for MotoAmerica

DerekClouser

2 hours ago, Qman said:

Has anyone done the cart rentals at PIRC?  Looked like a lot of fun, but there was  a 30 minute wait so we moved on.

We were thinking about it but it never happened. Jacob and I watched the karts run for a bit though, the track looks pretty awesome, the karts looked kinda slow. 

15 minutes ago, what said:

We were thinking about it but it never happened. Jacob and I watched the karts run for a bit though, the track looks pretty awesome, the karts looked kinda slow. 

Faster than most places around here. I believe they'll go 40-45

23 minutes ago, what said:

acceleration was anemic. i want driftable karts!

I saw some people doing some good sliding..not sure you'd really call it drifting.  I'm sure they keep the carts tuned way down for general safety.  Need to find and bypass the throttle limiter before sitting down!  Normally do this with gas powered golf carts on Hole #1!!!

10 minutes ago, Qman said:

I saw some people doing some good sliding..not sure you'd really call it drifting.  I'm sure they keep the carts tuned way down for general safety.  Need to find and bypass the throttle limiter before sitting down!  Normally do this with gas powered golf carts on Hole #1!!!

People were coming in super hot to turn #2/3 and spinning out fairly often. They had a downhill straightaway to get them to top speed beforehand though. 

22 minutes ago, Qman said:

We always did that too on golf carts! It was a blast until we flipped one...... The grass was dew covered in the morning and was doing spins down the fairway until we hit hole or dry spot or whatever and over we went. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Qman said:

Has anyone done the cart rentals at PIRC?  Looked like a lot of fun, but there was  a 30 minute wait so we moved on.

Several of the Nelson group went and did this before the Sunday races.  It was a blast. My first time on them. The cars are real grippy and move right along after they get up to speed and you have to use the brakes into the corners or you'll wipe out. Best part was the computer scoring you get at the end. All the cars have transponders on them so you know how well you did. On the print out, they have the "best of the week" printed next to your name and group. Of course, several of the racers names were on it. If you get the chance to do it, take advantage.

• Beer 1
  • Thanks 1