Great Weekend at PIRC for MotoAmerica

DerekClouser

Had a wonderful time this weekend at PIRC.  A full 3-day long weekend of motorcycle racing is always a good thing.  Had good times with @ricer1 @TimTheAzn @what @tall_tracy @jacobhawkins .  Nice seeing @Isaac's Papa and @dpgasser showing up as well!

Full Album of Photos (anyone is free to download any of the photos if they want)

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm7utDHa

Here are some of the highlights:

IMG_0115

DSC_0032

DSC_0168DSC_0312

DSC_0115

Edited by DerekClouser
  • Like 1
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

We saw that too... They get fined or something for that kind of stuff?  

That's what we were trying to figure out, we landed on yes since it was on the track surface and not some access road/pit area. 

18 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

@OSUYZFR1, great racing!  It was cool to brag that the coach who evaluated me at Mid-Ohio was out there killing it.  On a side note, will you be coaching at Mid-O on Labor Day?

Thanks, wish I had a better showing but I wasn't physically ready for that track at race pace. I only had about four laps in me before I started to get tired. My arms were so tired I couldn't get WOT at times. Lol

I will probably be there on Tuesday. Family stuff prevents me from going Monday. Are you coming out?

• Upvote 1

Good pics @DerekClouser. I was there both days and hooked up with the crowd from Nelson on Sunday and missed you guys. What an awesome weekend of racing. Seeing Roger win on Sunday was awesome and well deserved. Looked like he could barely keep it together on the podium but feeling pretty good for him. Perfect ending.

Edited by blue-yamaR6s

This was a great time as I had never been to PIRC.  I like the track and the elevated viewpoints.  I hope they expand the viewing areas to the other areas around the track.  I also agree with others regarding safety, adding sand traps and more air fence would be a plus.  The boys had fun especially when they got to meet some of the racers for autographs and pictures.  Got to hang with some OR peeps @DerekClouser @whaler @ricer1 and @jacobhawkins.  

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

• Upvote 1

didn't take many pictures, but Nora and I were there Saturday. 

Got there in time to shake hands with Brad (Burns, #912 in the WERA 1000 class) before he headed out for qualifying.  Watched that, then rode over and said hello to Todd, and Gavin's dad, Adam, along with Jared and Kent.  They were putting the bike back together from the qualifying crash, so I tried to get out of their way relatively quickly.

I took Nora around the pits and pointed out the bikes of people I either know, or hope to see have success.  Tim Bimisderfer (2nd in WERA 1000) and his wife were very nice.  His bike looks similar to Brad's, so I was trying to observe the different paint schemes to identify them more easily at speed.

I saw "Super" Carl Soltisz's scooter in the pits, so I knew he was racing, but I never found his pit box.  After watching him struggle in race 1, I didn't look for him.  Figured he was either pissed off, or busy fixing something.  Same with Gavin.  After seeing the mechanical, I texted Kent later in the evening to wish Gavin luck on Sunday.

Great racing though, and I thought the track handled the crowd really well for their first major event.  The longest wait I had was to sign a waiver for having a minor with me. Because she was under 12 (and thus free), there is no disclaimer on the ticket she didn't have to buy.  I had to wait for the guy w/ the clipboard to come over to my car before I could park.