ROAR 2017 / Not so Epic Fall Ride

NinjaDoc

large.final-3.png.de19b1d92467044218b87d9ce9abfcd7.png

Crappy name but simple game / Just ride and enjoy  good roads :)

First of sorry for the delayed details. But here goes nothing 

The epic ride will remain as the big event as we all try to get together to meet greet shake hands and shake off cobwebs and celebrate new start to riding season. People always seems to have a good time and want to have more of these rides. But as human being we know, when we get plenty it looses it significance and we just neglect it :D  Hence instead of doing a grand scale big meet and greet why not just try to enjoy the riding aspect more and cherish some good memories on some amazing roads. And most folks who show up for the fall rides have always been seasoned riders who always wanted to ride more. 

So just to give it some "flava" thought about bring this to the table as a simple ride altogether. The start itself looks rough as some familiar faces and almost the pillars of big epic ride may not be able to make it to this one. But the equation is same and simple, we will try to get together and then split up into groups if enough people show up and then go ride. Thats it. Ride route will be longer, more technical and as always all sort of speed choices and types of bikes are welcome. But this may not be an ideal situation for "new guys" to the riding scene. Since the distance is longer and roads are quite tricky for new comers. 

In one brief sentence /  This ride is all about some awesome Ohio roads. Whtr you love it or hate it, arguably we can all sort of agree that as of 2017 one of the best ohio road would be 536. And hence tried to highlight this in this year T shirt. Next year we hopefully will find some other road to celebrate. 

Details: 

Date: Sep 16 Saturday 2017 / Rain day Sun sep 17 2017 

Meet spot: As of now thinking of meeting in front of BIG muskie ( oh 83/ oh 78)  Just to grab a good group pic right before the ride and sort of ideal location for neo folks and central folks to get together. Just make sure Tanks are filled up right right before meet up.  But if lot of folks going to show interest from deep SW we can always rearrange. 

Meet time: 10:30 AM 

Route: As of now thinking about this 

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/39.697982,-81.736691/39.5626557,-81.2056296/39.7310584,-81.1135093/39.5661734,-81.0055021/39.6670703,-80.8691445/39.7476079,-80.9829713/39.8541793,-81.0894106/39.6224165,-81.3565215/39.7378528,-81.5256292/@39.5941649,-81.7865517,10z/data=!4m26!4m25!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d-81.6515129!2d39.5112864!3s0x8848302948953fb5:0x29888a28a45145c7!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d-80.9446768!2d39.6974929!3s0x883603762e38a6c9:0xad8cae9a9f715181!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d-80.9017379!2d39.8149041!3s0x88360f34b9089847:0x851470ce700cb480!1m0!1m0!1m0!3e0

Total miles around 200 miles / Some roads are fairly technical *cough* 536 

Break: one gas station break in between around 90 mile mark at hannibal OH  / on route 7 right before 536 

Ride Ends: Caldwell Ohio / lot of gas station/ different fast food places and even a decent restaurant here just in case people want to hang out at the end/ and right next to 77 just in case folks want to jump on slab and head home faster. 

As always if more folks show up we will split into groups. Would prefer to keep groups sizes 5ish / 8 max / All speed choices are welcome and all types of bikes welcome. WARNING: may not be ideal ride for real new new riders. There are gas station in between the route as well just in case. If distance is long/ time constraints are there and you wish to break of early just let the ride lead and sweep  know. 

Because of the delay in posting/ only a regular group ride size crowd will be there. We can always discuss and tweek plans before the ride based on interest.

My hidden agenda is to get a T shirt with 536 on it lol :D   / only 13 days of campaign running. As always no profit margin for me. Just 11 bucks for a Tee, Lowest possible rate they will print at. Hopefully next year 255 might get fresh pavement or the OG 555 might be the highlight reel on logo.

large.tshirt1.jpg.d9611bcb0da9ef22a8164910c60cee68.jpg

hope to see at least some of  you folks out there, any ideas and suggestions welcome. Will try to rerun this again later in the month if people like these pure ride alone scenarios. 

Get the T SHIRTS right here > https://teespring.com/new-roar-2017

https://teespring.com/roar-536

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Tonik said:

That logo is awesome.

Thx Tonik, may be the design was too good for the tee spring guys, they put a hold on it as of now. :mad: No third party notice or copyright claim or anything, they are assuming something wrong because of number + map combo I think. Anyways except for the part of Ohio map of course, everything else is created and drawn out by me. I am hoping they clear it by today. 

Plus us I kept the logo date/event independent as in you really don't have to be part of that days ride to appreciate a homage to the great roads of Ohio. Almost all here have been there and done that :) 

4 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

So the Epic Fall ride is now renamed to the ROAR? I like it. Makes it easier to differentiate between the spring and fall rides.

I guess that makes it bit unique. Like, spring epic ride more "rider" and "building new riding friends and groups for the upcoming season" focused. And may be we can keep fall ride  as more "the ride" and "enjoying the roads of Ohio before the end of season" kinda theme. 

Plus we get to have two different sets of T shirts : D 

6 minutes ago, jschaf said:

Bad date for me.  I'll be RWVAR for 3 days around then.  Have fun. Safety 3rd.

I remembered you saying that, :( that's why was saying many epic freq flyers probably absent. 

But you love T shirts lol hehehehe 

20 hours ago, max power said:

The fishing shack Bubby's are in! 

Now we need to find out which place is doing the cheap steak dinner in Beverly that weekend. 

@marlboro man

@Gump

@Casper

@cmhsprint

@Dre

@bowdog?

Awesome, if I am coming the day before like last epic ride will try to join you guys for the said steak dinner :) 

@bowdog hope he can make it, the only few remaining OR active folks I haven't met or rode with. Also @Dre hope u also make it, I O U a ride after the first and last one we were together got crashed out. 

Nivin,  if you don't mind crashing in a flophouse I'm sure we can find room for you at the shack. It is only about 20 minutes from the meet up point.

Speaking of, all the air mattresses down there are trashed. We need to bring a few down.  

4 minutes ago, max power said:

:lol: true.  

Sorry I left you off the list Bubby. You are of course always part of the shack crew. 

I know, but you know my deal. I never know till a day or two before with work. although I may just put in a vaycay day, I have a few left. I'll see if any of my counterparts are off.

41 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Where the ride ends, Caldwell, the little restaurant diner place called Lori's is a decent place to eat. I tried it out Saturday while out on a ride. Friendly fast service and it wasn't terribly expensive.

You can get a "snack" across the street. :lol: 

On 8/27/2017 at 11:11 AM, max power said:

The fishing shack Bubby's are in! 

Now we need to find out which place is doing the cheap steak dinner in Beverly that weekend. 

@marlboro man

@Gump

@Casper

@cmhsprint

@Dre

@bowdog?

:( I wont be able to make this one...I am leaving on the 14th for a week to go bear hunting.