hey folks

dorset

hey folks

i'm curious. what kind of place is this? i'm ancient, i guess, been on bikes 45 years. first bike was a 1962 triumph trophy that i rode through the monsoons back when when tungku abdul rahman was a new name in kuala lumpur. still mostly old british stuff, though my newest machine is a 1997 buell. never seems to break anything, unlike my 74 trident that threw a rod day before yesterday on I-70.

never done any road racing, but i am currently developing a 1965 triumph bonneville LSR at the east coast timing association mile when i can, and at the loring timing association when i can't. took it to loring last month. did very well there, but not good enough to be first. back to the dyno in a month or two.

r3Ml6J5l.jpg

i don't always have a lot to say, but i'll be lurking.

ciao

• Upvote 1

you're everywhere, rich.

yes. it was the infamous trident. i replaced the sidecover (that fell off), replaced the ignition switch (that fell off), replaced the oil cooler reflector assembly (that fell off).

then the rod fell off, of the crank. until then it was looking really good. now not so good.

IMG_8022.JPG

if we meet someplace i'm going to ride the buell.

Edited by dorset

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

This place is like an abusive codependent relationship. Whether you're the abuser or the abusee is up to you. 

That's pretty good - I like it sorta like a train wreck in progress. Its a sick fascination, I gotta come back and see whats going on, even though mostly I am a lurker foole. 

Yikes Kevin......a stone crush in' Norton. I had one similar, even color. Handled great, but I just could never could come to terms with it.

You ride the Buelll to lunch......I will ride the Tiger.....only fair. And here I was planning to ride the Gold Star.

we need to toast Ben.

Edited by Rich B

• 2 months later...