what

Just signed up myself. They said 12 currently signed up for I group and 12 signed up for N group. 

Hopefully won't be crazy busy like last week, lol. That was sold out 2 weeks prior so... 

58 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Honestly I see intermediate riders rocking mirrors all the time, they just have em taped up.... I'm working on seeing if I can make this happen... Pondering... I just get concerned cause my one rotor needs rebuttoned - I got passed last time, but I probably should get that fixed.   Do they regularly check that?  What would cause me to fail tech spec in regards to that being slightly loose?? 

If it's broke or might be broke or you're unsure about it, fix it. 

I took mirrors off along with all blinkers this time as per their guidelines. Luckily @jschaf is a thorough man and made the process very very simple. Speaking of simple, I probably should have checked with him before replacing the old coolant, because it turns out engine ice (what WAS in the bike) is perfectly fine for I and A groups... and is good to -26F. At least I'll be good at changing coolant :D 

23 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

@DerekClouser get your brakes fixed before you do another track day.

Track days arent about "oh you think this will pass?" If you are questioning it, fix it.

It's not affecting anything at this point, but the guy said it would get worse over time.  I haven't noticed any decrease in braking power etc just that it will need to be replaced.  I plan on ordering a new one, but the ones I've found from China (which have great reviews) won't be here before Labor Day so that's why I was asking the question. 

32 minutes ago, what said:

Just signed up myself. They said 12 currently signed up for I group and 12 signed up for N group. 

Hopefully won't be crazy busy like last week, lol. That was sold out 2 weeks prior so... 

I think Monday will be pretty light. Some people have family and friends. :lol:

19 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I think Monday will be pretty light. Some people have family and friends. :lol:

I should start calling my bikes my baggage handlers, because they take care of any baggage before I have to even think about it.

25 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Depending on my weekend schedule, I might stop by and spectate.

1 minute ago, jacobhawkins said:

By "stop by and spectate", you mean get there early and tech your bike?

He does have new tires that need to be broken in. And there was a Connie there last time. I hope he isn't afraid they would show him up.

Edited by Tonik

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

He does have new tires that need to be broken in. And there was a Connie there last time. I hope he isn't afraid they would show him up.

:nono: This is why I was hesitant to even post in here. I'd love to do a track day, but not on the FJR. This winter, I hope to find a 2nd bike, maybe it will be more track capable...

2 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

:nono: This is why I was hesitant to even post in here. I'd love to do a track day, but not on the FJR. This winter, I hope to find a 2nd bike, maybe it will be more track capable...

That's a wise choice. You didn't see me out there on the whale. For the record, that Connie guy was nuts doing that. Maybe my FZ6 will be for sale as I upgrade to a rocket.

Just now, Tonik said:

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. ;)

It's about learning on what you are going to ride. If you really want to get in to the track thing then by all means, buy another bike. If you just want to learn then just bring what you have.

• Upvote 1