How do you have your phone charger set up on your bike?

cOoTeR

I recently bought a sport touring concours 14. It has a factory cigarette lighter style plug in in the dash. I bought a RAM phone Mount and a RAM cup holder. I also bought a sena 20s that riders discount hooked me up with four a good deal. I'm waiting for the 20s to come in but it has the ability to charge while being used. 

So I'd like the use the cigarette lighter plug in to charge the phone and maybe the sena 20s while I'm using them to listen to music on long rides. My worry is having a charger cord that can come loose and start flapping around that close to the handlebars and front wheel. Not sure if I should use the coiled type cord or a straight one. What kind of setups have you guys had success with? The port on my bike is to the lower right of the tach on my bike. 

20170817_132726.jpg

You won't need to charge the Sena during the day. I have gone 15 hours easy with mine. Yea, the aux charger can come lose.

Run a ground and switched hot up the center of the triple T. Secure it on the frame side and on the handlebars. Then get one of the below and you can use any usb cord you like for whatever device you have. It has plenty of power to fast charge the newer phones. It fast charges mine while I Nav and play tunes. 

Just secure it with that double side 3m white sticky tape stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DYE54LI/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Tonik

Plug on dash is only on when the key is on. I ran a usb adapter to my tender lead to my battery and it's under the right fairing cover and it's powered all the time. Ran a rampow usb cord along my bars and down my forks where its neat abf out of sight. The rampow has metal housings and braided  cord and has life time warranty. I found UV rays eat the plastic and cords on traditional cables.  Have a x grip on my right bar and my cup holder on my left.

Edited by 2talltim

37 minutes ago, cOoTeR said:

Awesome. Thanks guys. So the factory auxiliary port is not worth trying to use? I don't plan on using it while not riding. 

I used it for a couple years with my Garmin and my phone at first. I just wedged a cut off zip tie in it to make a tight fit 

the usb adapter on the bottom is what I used to use. Plugged it in to my battery tender pig tail and then had the usb phone cord running in to my tank bag back before they had all this cool shit. Granted I think I spent a total of $15 on it

MotoCords.jpg

Edited by Bad324