Alternative to heated gear?

Bad324

1) No

B) I'm fat and don't get cold to need this shit

III) my apologies, didn't realize I couldn't make a helpful post because I don't ride anymore. I'll stick to post whoring, talking shit and taking strolls down memory lane 

• Beer 2

Really don't see how these can even come close to a 12volt plug in liner. When your in the rain wind and elements. Maybe for a soccer mom working the sidelines of a game it will do but I doubt on the open road.

Edited by 2talltim

I dig it, but I'm very skeptical this will work even close to acceptable on a motorcycle.  Plus, for me, all I have to do with my current gear is plug into the bike and I'm warm as long as the FJR has gas (11.2 gallons at a time, in my case) no matter what the weather.  No batteries to charge, I can ride as long as I like.  This is true for my helmet speakers too and the reason I rarely use the Sena.  I hate charging batteries and having the devices they power quit before I'm ready to. 

^ +1.  When using the heated socks, pants, gloves, and jacket, it is like sitting in a hot tub while riding the motorcycle.  I have comfortably ridden in the low teens at 80mph, but I have a touring bike with fairings and a large windshield.

I wanted to get heated gear, but I was riding in cold temps and didn't mind that much. Even freeway speeds and long distance at night didn't bother me much. Did find a really warm pair of motorcycle gloves that are outstanding. That and a lot of thermal layers as necessary, carry extras. What works for me is outer layers that wind won't go through. Like solid leather or synthetic. Not textile. So mostly I can ride till the helmet turns into an icebox and I have to stop for a while.

edit: and yes, I did get a couple of those sports skull caps for inside the helmet. They do help.

Edited by ReconRat