1 last ride before reality

durk

I head back to teaching Monday. Today was essentially my last free day to ride before I have to go back to the joys of teaching teenagers. I ran my usual route of 164-9 into Cadiz. Then I decided to run down 250 to WV250 to WV7 and then hit 536-556-145-148-9. The new pavement on WV250 is already getting beat up. By no means is it terrible, but they have already had to do some patch work. On a positive note there was very little gravel, probably the cleanest I've ever seen 250. I had a blast. I need to ride that road more often. I basically used WV7 to get me to 536. To start my ride on 536 I ran into mowing. Not exactly how I wanted to start things off, but eventually things cleared up in time for me to run up on Bambi staring at me. Thankfully I spotted him early, and with a few honks of the horn he headed up the hill into the woods. After those distractions I focused on getting comfortable on 536. Definitely felt better today compared to when I ran it a couple weeks ago with Doc. I was not squeezing the bars and puckering around every corner. I still need to spend more time on that road. My plan was to run it north then south and back up again. When I stopped, however, I could smell plastic melting. My lower fairings were getting cooked from running at 10-12k rpms. I decided it was best to make my way to 556, plus I got some looks from home owners as I went by. I figured they would not be pleased to see and hear me 3 times. The rest of ride home was great. The only issue was I saw a car smashed into the guardrail on 164. Nothing like 450 miles for 9 hours to prepare me for the real world again.

Took 1 pic (stole the idea from Doc)

26NFhXm.jpg

Note: sign said 536 would be closed 8/22/2017 for 3 days

• Upvote 3

Good luck and stay safe in the classroom Durk. I will try to ride 536 for you and keep the preferred line clean.  I had a math teacher back in 72 that had the new 4 stroke Kawasaki Z1 900cc. That was a bad ass bike back then and as a 14YO dirt bike rider I thought that was so cool. I cut him a lot of slack in class and behaved for the most part in between boners.:)