When to Replace Your Tire

JustinNck1

As some of you know, my dad and I change motorcycle tires. We have changed roughly 50 or so this year and have seen some real sketchy tires, but this one takes the cake. The owner ran the tire until it wore through chords and blew out at about 50 mph. It took both lanes for him to get the bike slowed down. Luckily no traffic. The owner is currently going through a divorce and was strapped for cash so he couldn't afford a tire, but instead of just parking the bike, he kept riding. Luckily his coworker gave him a decent used tire and we installed it.

Regardless, risking your life to get a little more miles out of a tire isn't worth it. I will gladly change a tire free of charge, and most likely even have a used tire to get you some more miles, if you need it. It's not worth getting hurt over or destroying your bike. I know many of us have rode tires down to chords, it's not a fun time. 20170816_184120.thumb.jpg.003706f992c0bd83ade6cf3673e07b6a.jpg20170816_185707.thumb.jpg.b606eb410684ef914db81dbe3b144c21.jpg

• Upvote 1