Not As Fast As Hoblick's Ride...But It's The Fastest Car I've Ever Owned

BadTrainDriver

I read all the hype of this car being the best four door sports sedan since the legendary E39 M5, and I watched all the video reviews of people praising its manners and its ability to be completely ridiculous, yet I was truly not prepared for just how fun this car would be. I've have a few fast cars, but not this fast. I've had a few cars that handled well, but not this well. I've had a few cars that have turned heads, but again I was not prepared for the attention this car receives. People point. People take pictures of it when I'm filling up with gas(which happens often). I've even had two people turn around to follow me so they could look at the car. I do not understand why these aren't selling like hotcakes! How does a car like this sit at on a dealership's lot for seven months and not get purchased? If you are in the market for a mid sized four door car, yet still want an absolute blast of a car to drive, this is as good as it gets in its price range.

iPIPHOX.jpg

1RhqXBz.jpg

svEZJRS.jpg

Edited by BadTrainDriver

A buddy of mine had a G8 GT (L76 very similar to the LS3) and it was a blast. DOD wiped out a couple lifters so we did a TSP 220R cam swap in it. It made low 400s to the wheels if i recall. He also had a set of SLP rear muffler deletes, and it sounded nice.

Those are sweet cars, fat pig of a car, but none the less, pretty sweet.  I have been eye balling the ATSV pretty hard lately.  

Dont get me wrong, 900whp TT mustang is fun, but it's not drive everywhere fun, or run it through canyon roads fun.  

42 minutes ago, Hoblick said:

fat pig of a car, 

One would think so, but really it's not. You're welcome to take it for a spin sometime, if you've not driven one. I'll trade you: you can drive my car, I just want a ride in yours.

For comparison:

Chevy SS 4000lbs,  50/50 weight distribution

Ford Mustang GT 5.0 3700lbs, 53/47 weight distribution

Dodge Charger SRT 392 4400lbs, 54/46 weight distribution

BMW M3 3600lbs, 50/50 weight distribution

Audi S4 3900lbs, 55/45 weight distribution

And some more interesting comparisons:

Chevy SS:

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.5 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 10.8 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 18.3 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 30.6 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.3 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 9.3 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 9.3 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.0 sec @ 111 mph
Top speed (governor limited, C/D est): 160 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 156 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.96 g

Ford Mustang GT:

Zero to 60 mph: 4.3 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 10.3 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 18.0 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 25.4 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 4.9 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 9.3 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 8.8 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.9 sec @ 112 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 156 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.94 g

Edited by BadTrainDriver

Nice!!! I have heard of the Holdens but never really research into them to learn more till you posted this. The SS is a great platform and has done well for GM.  I think GM and Ford have caught up maybe even surpassed some of the imports in performance and reliability in the last 3 to 4 years when it comes to cars people want to buy and drive every day(like the malibu and fusion also the equinox and escape).  I think they finally listened to public out cry and stepped up their game. I also think dodge shot themselves in the dick dumpping so much in their Jeep and performance lines . While they are cool they aren't what the masses want or need. They are targeting a niche audience and I think it will be their demise. They have already branched off the RAM line into it's own entity which might have been a good move,  in my opinion is the only thing they have going for them is their HD truck line.