Meanstreak to the gap

Killer_kaw

Left home Friday and mostly 2 lane to just north of Boone. 16 is one of the most fun roads I've ever been on. Saturday we headed for Townsend by way of Hot Springs past Fontana and the tail. Yesterday was the skyway Krambonz and magie valley then through the park and across fighting creek rd. Weather has been sketchy but the roads have been great. Definitely learning to handle the cruiser in the tight shit. Good bit of grinding. Townsend is awesome compared to Fontana. Good cell signal, great restaurants and a clean laundromat with a nice coffee shop next door. The gateway inn has nice clean rooms. Just over 1000 miles in first 3 days. The BBQ joint here in Townsend is one of the best I've ate at. Hopefully we'll be able to dodge the rain drops today. 

• Beer 1

Not many pics. Wish I had a GoPro today. Turns out bear are smarter than deer because they run for the ditch and not your head light. Thought we were gonna plow a momma bear and 2 cubs on the tail. 

Not sure how we are getting back. The guys wanna head back a day early and I think they plan to slab it. Normally I'd just go my own way but I had to rig up a busted exhaust bolt so I better stay with the pack. 

IMG_2750.JPG

IMG_2751.JPG

IMG_2752.JPG

IMG_2753.JPG

image.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guess I should update this. Tried to slab home but I couldn't take it and broke off from the pack in Kentucky. No route in mind just got lost for a few hours then flipped on the gps and headed back home. Turned out to be a pretty nice ride. I replaced all my exhaust studs and got everything bolted back up so bike is fixed.  For me this made three trips to the gap on three different bikes in the past year and I can't wait to go back next year. 

• Beer 2