Jerry/ Al-z-heimer Needs some positive vibes from OR

NinjaDoc

I rode with Jerry like 3-4 times. He was always so welcoming and kind. Great guy who will definitely be missed. I will be praying for his family and friends. 

Horrible to hear this.  Probably one of the most accepting people I'd ever met.  I will definitely be stopping and spend a little time thinking of him at the Dragon Overlook this year ( and every year, for that matter )....was the last place I got to visit with him.  That guy will be sorely missed.  

Just burried my wife's uncle last week due to cancer and watching my uncle battle cancer now with no hope for a good outcome. The chemo is definitely taking a lot away at the same time. It's hard to watch it. Hard decisions for those making the choice to continue or run it's course.

Feeling for Doc and everyone that knew Jerry well. I met him one time and I know he was a great guy.

Only met Jerry one time, at a non-riding function.  Heard so many good things about the man and saw that they were all true.  I was looking forward to riding with him someday.  Condolences to all friends and family.

Edited by F4iguy

I haven't been on the site for a while and this hurt to read. Even though I only met him once, he was sweeping on one of the few OR rides I've actually gone on. I was second to last. He offered solid advice, was super friendly, and encouraging. Great human being that I'm sure will be missed by many! 

I rode with Jerry a couple of times & chatted with him a couple times.  He was a very kind  & gentle man that happened to share our enthusiasm for riding motorcycles in a big way. We could all do well by following his example.  Best wishes to his family, although I have met only him. Farewell friend.

Damn I'd wouldn't make it in time. :( I have to work till 7p tomorrownight. I'm going to ask around and see if someone will cover me but they are a bunch of heartless bastards around here. Even if I can get off at 3p won't make the funeral service on time 2 hours and 20 min away for me. 

Edited by 2talltim

Wife and I wont make it to the services, but did leave my condolences on the funeral home's obit.   Damn, this sucks on an epic level.  We definitely need a way to commemorate him to show some OR love for the guy

26 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Just got back from having a few beers after Jerry's Service. Was touching and got to speak with his Widow.

Ride on Jerry!

Missed you Dan, I was there early. When lots of family and friends started filling up I sort of escaped. Dori is a strong woman. 48yrs they been together. Must be so hard to live on. :(

12 hours ago, Danimal said:

Just got back from having a few beers after Jerry's Service. Was touching and got to speak with his Widow.

Ride on Jerry!

12 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Missed you Dan, I was there early. When lots of family and friends started filling up I sort of escaped. Dori is a strong woman. 48yrs they been together. Must be so hard to live on. :(

Thanks for going guys and representing. Still mad I could not make it.