Jerry/ Al-z-heimer Needs some positive vibes from OR

NinjaDoc

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

With a very heavy heart I have to post this here. Jerry's daughter just gave me a call, the worst call I was hoping not to get anytime soon. :( 

Jerry passed away earlier today. He was not doing too well recently I was worried this might happen sooner or later. But in between he would have good days and in fact couple of weeks ago we were hoping to make it to the neo meet tomorrow. But he was getting too weak and suffering too much too. Everything happened fast, He collapsed earlier at home and ems took to hospital but it was too late already as per his daughter who is an RN as well. 

Will keep you all posted as to further services etc 

• Sad 8

1 minute ago, NinjaDoc said:

With a very heavy heart I have to post this here. Jerry's daughter just gave me a call, the worst call I was hoping not to get anytime soon. :( 

Jerry passed away earlier today. He was not doing too well recently I was worried this might happen sooner or later. But in between he would have good days and in fact couple of weeks ago we were hoping to make it to the neo meet tomorrow. But he was getting too weak and suffering too much too. Everything happened fast, He collapsed earlier at home and ems took to hospital but it was too late already as per his daughter who is an RN as well. 

Will keep you all posted as to further services etc 

Ah, fudge. I'm so sorry.

Rest In Peace, Sailor Jerry. Godspeed and thank you for your service. You were a man we should all strive to emulate.

My Yuasa popped one evening on a looooooong ride home, and we were basically between I-77 and OH-800, on OH-22. I called home for help and a tow, but got an ear full of nope. Jerry refused to leave my side, even stayed until the wrecker arrived and loaded me up. I was already discouraged about some home issues and he even counseled me a bit and then called to check in on me a few days later. 

I'm grateful to have met him and honored to have known him. He had that old-school charm and charisma. The world is a lesser place without him, but I'm a better man because of his kindness. 

• Upvote 3

Horrible news. Was a hell of a guy and my first OR ride was with Jerry, Ryan and Doc. I think I spent every weekend of that summer with those three... really sad to think half are gone. I wish i would have stayed in closer contact with him but at least got to see him at Ryans funeral last year. 

Rip brother... we will ride again

FB_IMG_1505181353175.jpg

FB_IMG_1515435394522.jpg

Doc I know you guys were super close. Give me a call if you want to talk. 

Edited by Jester_
  • Upvote 3

Saw "him" and family at ER. They are really sad but not shattered I guess since they were mentally prepping for this for some time. He was just skin and bones :( didn't want to remember him that way. Just want to remember him as the old guy with big guy strength who worked hard and did heavy work till the day of retirement. Physically invincible and mentally fragile because he was too nice and kind.  In a way we can be at peace I guess since he won't suffer any more. I was silently pushing him and family to stop chemo long ago coz to me it seemed it was killing him faster and affecting his quality of life. But there was no right or wrong answers in this scenario. I was hoping to trailer his vstrom to gap this year. Had the off days all squared away. Plan was one small trip trailer to WV 16 and if it goes well trailer to gap come June. Thought he would get at least one good summer ahead of him. Motorcycling won't be same any more riding without him and sort of watching over.  May be he will continue to watch over 

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Like 2