Justin's Saddlesore 1000

JustinNck1

Tomorrow morning I am leaving for my first Iron butt Certification. I will be doing a Saddlesore 1000. Leaving Coolville and going to the Gateway Arch in St Louis, then turning around and coming back. Got all my documentation situated, bike is all ready to go, got my new Aerostich today and took it for a 25 mile test run (Also taking my old gear just in case). Packed some food in the tank bag, got the Camelbak for fluids, and the Garmin for GPS. I think I am ready to go. Now off to get some sleep for me. Leaving at 5am, hoping to avoid the night riding as much as possible. Below is my SPOT tracker page for tomorrow.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0V7ZlCxzdnSoREZdxDf6nb3yJdkhOAjzn

Edited by 2talltim
  • Beer 3

Just got home. 1,060 miles. Actually got up early and left a little before 4am. St Louis traffic sucked and I got lost trying to get to the arch, but other than that,  pretty uneventful. The new suit worked great, seat did it's job as well, no sore butt. My neck and shoulders are a different story.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 3

Yep,I really like my R-3 lite,but they are a little cumbersome if you're doing a ride with a lot of stops...long distance they are great!I

I told you when you got that FJR that they have long legs...it looks like you're putting them to use.Congratulations on your IBA run.

3 minutes ago, drc32-0 said:

Yep,I really like my R-3 lite,but they are a little cumbersome if you're doing a ride with a lot of stops...long distance they are great!I

I told you when you got that FJR that they have long legs...it looks like you're putting them to use.Congratulations on your IBA run.

The FJR has been a great bike. Just turned 34k during this trip. Hopefully it will hit 100k someday.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Paperwork all done and submitted electronically. I knew if i didn't send it right away, I would procrastinate and never submit it, so I sat down while it was fresh in my mind and got it done.

Paperwork might take awhile, don't panic.

2 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Paperwork all done and submitted electronically. I knew if i didn't send it right away, I would procrastinate and never submit it, so I sat down while it was fresh in my mind and got it done.

BTDT