Iron Pony

Suzuki Street Demos @ Pony Powersports in Columbus Saturday, August 12th and Sunday, August 13th

Iron Pony    450

It's about to go down @ Pony Powersports - Saturday, August 12th and Sunday, August 13th from 9am-5pm. Pony Powersports will be hosting Suzuki FREE Demo Days featuring all the best of Suzuki street bikes. Make sure to grab your helmet, gloves, jacket, long pants, over the ankle boots/shoes and your valid motorcycle endorsement/license and a friend and come burn our fuel all day on some of the most exciting bikes in the industry. *Must be 18 or older to participate.

db0b45b05a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ScubaCinci    4,804

Holy! I might make a run up there tomorrow morning. Don't see 'zuki demos very often though there aren't many bikes in their lineup I'd be that interested in.

Edited by ScubaCinci

PhilD'oh!    178

I wouldn't mind trying a Wee or a DR-Z.  

Edited by PhilD'oh!

hiro    53

I wouldn't mind trying a GSX-R600, SV650, a dual-sport, or an S40 to see how a thumper feels.

GregWinslow    10

I went to this at the Dayton Air Show and you could only ride the bikes in the parking lot, not on the street.  Max was about 20 miles per hour.  Pretty disappointing to have demo rides advertised but only be able to ride in the parking lot. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Wojo72    269

Anybody making the trip?   I'm debating if I head over today or tomorrow.  

Connie14    419

I am going to check this out.

Wojo72    269

I'll be wandering around.  Almost shaved head and black Quaker Steak  Triple Atomic shirt and jeans. 

Edited by Wojo72

hiro    53
Just now, motocat12 said:

On Sv 930

I was freaked out for a moment, then I realized that SV1000's exist. heh

Connie14    419

I got to ride the DRZ400SM and  the GSXS1000.  Both were fun.  The GSXS has the most twitchy throttle of any bike that I gave ever ridden, but it is a lot of fun.  It would benefit from an ECU reflash or a power commander.  I can see adding a 1000cc naked to the garage. 

IP, sorry again about the wheelies.  They were not intentional. 

Wojo72    269
3 hours ago, Connie14 said:

I got to ride the DRZ400SM and  the GSXS1000.  Both were fun.  The GSXS has the most twitchy throttle of any bike that I gave ever ridden, but it is a lot of fun.  It would benefit from an ECU reflash or a power commander.  I can see adding a 1000cc naked to the garage. 

IP, sorry again about the wheelies.  They were not intentional. 

@Connie14

I was the one who talked to you right after your ride.  I had no idea that you were one of the OR peeps.  I rode the same bike right after you.  They need to take some slack out of the throttle cable.  There was a dead zone and then the power would come on.  I didn't have any issues keeping the front tire down but I didn't whiskey throttle past the dead spot.    :lol:   I'm Just busting your chops.   

I wanted to see if they updated the fueling.  It was much better down low at parking lot speeds but it had some RPM jitter at 4500 rpm under light loads that mine doesn't have.   I think that a power commander or ECU reflash is next for me. 

Edited by Wojo72
  • Upvote 1

PhilD'oh!    178

My son rode the SV650, which he really liked and I rode a GSXR750.  The GSXR was fun, but would be completely wasted on me. 

Connie14    419
3 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

@Connie14

I was the one who talked to you right after your ride.  I had no idea that you were one of the OR peeps.  I rode the same bike right after you.  They need to take some slack out of the throttle cable.  There was a dead zone and then the power would come on.  I didn't have any issues keeping the front tire down but I didn't whiskey throttle past the dead spot.    :lol:   I'm Just busting your chops.   

I wanted to see if they updated the fueling.  It was much better down low at parking lot speeds but it had some RPM jitter at 4500 rpm under light loads that mine doesn't have.   I think that a power commander or ECU reflash is next for me. 

I felt bad that I put them in an awkward position,  but I wasn't hot dogging it.   I had complete control of the bike the entire time.  As soon as it started power wheeling,  I eased off the throttle.

I have considering an FZ10 for a little while,  but I hadn't ridden a naked bike before today.  After today,  I am even more interested in a naked liter bike. I was concerned with the wind on a naked bike,  but it wasn't bad.   I just want cruise control, so the FZ10 is looking interesting.

motocat12    671

I rode the sv, liked my old modded one better.

And i didn't find the gsxs 1000 twitchy

NinjaDoc    4,094

@Wojo72 I am guessing you already checked the TPS thingy. Many guys reported better fueling once that was realigned. 

Wojo72    269
7 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

@Wojo72 I am guessing you already checked the TPS thingy. Many guys reported better fueling once that was realigned. 

I checked it with dealer mode  and the indicator on the dash.  I didn't check it with a harness and voltemeter so it could still be a bit off.