Custom FZ09 exhaust

Hoblick

Right before we leave for our trip to deals gap my buddy decides he wants to put an exhaust on his FZ.  I have already built one for my other friends FZ09 (who is also going with us), but this one was going to be a mid mount exhaust.  He bought a universal muffler on Amazon, and after it arrived I got to work.  I really wanted to do it all in stainless, but he is cheap, and time constraints being an issue I used what I had, which was some aluminized exhaust tubing.

i cut the stick muffler off, and started making my pieces, I pie cut the pipe in places to make my bends.  My goal was to keep the mid pipe close to the motor to give it a sleek look, and give good ground clearance.  I managed to make a mount to use one of the stock exhaust mount points underneath, and for the muffler I dabbed a small bracket to be attached under the passenger peg.  After it was finished up, I coated the section I made and we wrapped the pipe to help with heat.  No issues with interference with your foot while riding, which was a key point for me when making it.  Sounds really good for a $50 muffler.

jgDhdr9.jpg

p2xS8dW.jpg

f8ja6md.jpg

CmXUPBi.jpg

• Upvote 2

That's awesome....looks great! And removes the dumpster sized catalytic converter etc etc on the FZ09. Great bike! Has he upgraded that rear shock? They're absolute trash from the factory.