Overnight Kentucky ride

Howabusa

4 hours ago, Howabusa said:

Planning a 2 day trip down to Kentucky to ride some of those nice roads that IP and Tony rode on their way back from the Gap. Leaving Wednesday morning. Working on a route now.

Dates? Camping? I may be in for this depending on when. 

I am in Prestonburg, Kentucky. Not the first time that I have stayed in Prestonburg. The last time Issac's Papa and I stayed here on our way to a gap rally. Did around 420 miles. There are some nice roads down here. I picked up 7 right after I crossed the border and rode it down to 460 and took that to 550. Very little traffic, even on the highways. Nice day of riding!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/8/2017 at 0:47 PM, thompsonian said:

Interested in seeing your route. Thinking of riding to my sister's in Lexington and looking for a meandering route over there aside from 60

For my route down to Kentucky, I just set South shore, KY as my destination on my Tom Tom rider and picked no highways and a winding route. It worked out real well.

I made it home around 2:30 pm. When I got up this morning it had rained over night. Rode in the rain for about an hour and a half. I stayed pretty dry, until I got splashed by cars driving through puddles. Oh well, a day of riding in some rain is better than working!

• Beer 1