Best new bike under $8000

Hoblick

I really don't think there is a better buy than an FZ09.  I get to ride my buddies every so often, and every time I ride it, I'm grinning ear to ear.  I've owned a ton of bikes, and some high end bikes at that, but honestly, the FZ09 is a hard bike to beat for the money.  With a little bit of money in suspension and brakes, the bike is damn near perfect.  

Its not a powerhouse, but it's no slouch, it has useable power throughout the rev range, and never feels like your lugging the bike.  The chassis is pretty damn sorted, and some may say the front being so light is a bad thing, but it makes the bike that more fun.  I've came over crest carry the front wheel and the front end just chattering as it's slighting touching the pavement right before entering a corner, and even though it's a tad sketchy, the bike never felt unstable, it just took it and leaned right over.  Mind you the bike has had suspension upgrades, but for a total package price of $10k. That's bike, suspension, radial master cylinder and braided brake lines, this thing will give any 10-12k bike a run for its money.

so to those looking for a moderately priced bike that's a great all arounder, check one out.

1 hour ago, B-Mac said:
2017 Kawasaki Z9000
Most torque most HP with no rider nanny systems.
$7,550

Cycle World says $8800 for the Z900 and $9000 for the FZ09... so for $200 extra bucks you get the nanny electronics and a lighter bike, that's just as fast...

Screenshot_20170807-194016.png

Screenshot_20170807-194003.png

I absolutely hated my FZ09. Sold it in under 2 months of owning and lost a grand on it and yet was happy to wash my hands of it. As Hob stated brakes and suspension were horible. I also say the seat, tires and erratic electronic throttle response were just as bad. The only thing I liked about that bike was the motor. I looked into the upgrades and by the time those were added it would be well over 10k and there were plenty other bikes available for less. Your mileage may vary but that bike was absolutely the worst bike I've ever owned 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MidgetTodd said:

I absolutely hated my FZ09. Sold it in under 2 months of owning and lost a grand on it and yet was happy to wash my hands of it. As Hob stated brakes and suspension were horible. I also say the seat, tires and erratic electronic throttle response were just as bad. The only thing I liked about that bike was the motor. I looked into the upgrades and by the time those were added it would be well over 10k and there were plenty other bikes available for less. Your mileage may vary but that bike was absolutely the worst bike I've ever owned 

Look at the new one.

Traction control, ABS, fully adjustable fork, significantly improved fueling, etc.

That said, I'd rather have the new 765cc S3 R for $11,200.

Yep fz09 left me underwhelmed as well, peach motor with lot of sub par components that's doesn't do the motor any justice. Mothership knows it, they are just milking the motor for couple of years then will release a proper bike that will do justice to the motor and Yamaha  heritage. Haven't  tried the new one yet. 

12 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

The main issue I see with the FZ09 is the tiny fuel tank. Some areas you gotta go more than 100 miles between fuel stops.

I've went 165 miles on a tank on mine.

Edited by mango_sv