OR - We need to talk.

Tonik

14 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Isabella and the Multi have to go as a pair. You give me $8k.. I give you two titles and a shitload of keys. What you do with either after the fact is your business. 

Can't do a pair. I'm serious about Izzy though.  Also, you still need a motorbike so you can't sell them all.

11 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Can't do a pair. I'm serious about Izzy though.  Also, you still need a motorbike so you can't sell them all.

If any of his Duc's go, that one is the last to go, just sayin.

I dont think @Tonik had an issue with me or Tim during our ride saturday. I think this thread was more so about the shit show the weekend prior.

4 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I dont think @Tonik had an issue with me or Tim during our ride saturday. I think this thread was more so about the shit show the weekend prior.

Exactly. And the potential shit show Saturday could have become if I had stayed home and not pulled 5 people out of the main group. But if peeps don't get it, I am cool with that. I tried to help, that is all I can do.

• Upvote 1

Uh,  I think the plan was to split up into groups anyways but you go ahead and take the credit for that.   :lol:

The moral of the story is, if you don't want a bunch of bubby's showing up to your  publicly posted ride, don't post it publicly. I don't think Jacob or Durk  had any issues with the way they're publicly announced ride turned out.  It was a beautiful day to ride motorcycles and everyone I talked to had a blast. 

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

If any of his Duc's go, that one is the last to go, just sayin.

My ride? Or Sonik's ride? 

Every ride is a shit show!

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:00 AM, Tonik said:

Exactly. And the potential shit show Saturday could have become if I had stayed home and not pulled 5 people out of the main group. But if peeps don't get it, I am cool with that. I tried to help, that is all I can do.

If you wouldn't have shown up it would have been a catastrophe I know.  Those folks that were with you are definitely troublemakers that would have fucked up the ride.  Thanks for taking one on the chin for the common good & all.

In the future, If there's a huge group & you see us heading out early & you are a decent rider, feel free to tag along.  We could have been better communicators on this ride about such things.

• Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, Tpoppa said:

When I'm leading, I tend to watch my mirrors a lot.  I'm actively trying to keep the group from getting split too far apart, and making sure no one is putting them self or another rider in jeopardy.  I won't ride with people who's ego exceeds their talent, or think a group ride a pissing contest. 

My level of comfort with other riders has nothing to do with pace.  It has everything to do with skill, smoothness, and being level headed.

This is my typical MO when I lead at the Epic Rides.   Most every straight, my eyes are constantly glancing at my mirrors.  I try and pace the group by how well it does as one entity, something I picked up at my first trackday - the slowest rider sets the pace for the conglomerate until there's interference.   I've had to cast a rider or 2 down a group because they were trying to ride outside their skillset, holding back the rest of the group.  My wife always does an excellent job at sweeping, telling me who's braking through corners or blowing lines, or anything else that could grow more dangerous as the pace quickens throughout....but that pace always depends on my comfort as well.  If I know the route from rides prior, it's quicker than usual ( pending the group's comfort with that pace ), but if it's a new-to-me route, I'll ride right at or just below a medium pace.....and make a wrong turn or 2 just to keep things interesting LOL