The Hand of God

Tonyblaze

Ok, here's the set-up. Co-worker called me saying he was in a bind. He had to pick up a bike he bought today in Richfield (S1000RR - 2016) and wanted to know if I could help. Why of course. Trick was that he had to take his current bike down there for the seller to look at for some type of electronic doo-dad think under the seat. Don't know, didn't understand it. End result - I was gonna get to ride one of them puppies back up I-480 if I was willing to ride pillion down. (Yea, I did it - get over it) So we get there and I go all gaga over this guys garage which looks like a shrine to the German Gods. BMW cars, BMW bikes, BMW bicycles (never knew that was a thing). They get to talking and fiddling with the 2011 while I'm browsing. Twenty minutes later all ready to go. I try to get the 2016 but got threatened with physical violence so on the 2011 I go. HOLY CRAP MOTHER OF THE RIGHTEOUS PEARLS!!!!!!!!!!! That bike is a weapon. Only way I can describe it is that I felt like I was riding a bike from the future. Acceleration is like RIGHT DAMN NOW, braking is like RIGHT DAMN NOW, flickability (is that a word??) is like DON'T THINK ABOUT IT IF YOU REALLY DIDN"T WANT TO GO THERE! He made me promise that I wouldn't change riding modes and put it into rain mode. Said that would keep the bike from trying to kill me. After riding it I'm thinking that the fact that there is more is absolutely ridiculous and he said the 2016 has even more than that. It actually felt like the bike tried to leave me. The construction on I-480 was the only thing that stopped me from breaking the sound barrier.  The fact that he has two of these things is criminal greed - I'm jealous. I shall own one of these beasts one day. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not in the near future but someday. He's not letting me ride again. Said I got the look of a fiend on my face. Got back to his house, hopped back on my Street R and at first was a little disappointed but as the miles and curves passed by had a smile on my face again. When I die somebody is gonna be getting a lot of bikes. :)