Added another bike to the garage.

cOoTeR

I picked up a new to me 08 kawasaki concours c14 abs last week. I had a shoulder injury at work that has kept me off of my supermoto and ZX10-R but I've been itching to ride. So I used that as an excuse to pick up a touring bike. I've wanted one of these for years and finally pulled the trigger. I haven't really had it out on any real curves yet but it feels really planted and smooth in the handling department. The power delivery is very smooth which makes it hard to judge speed. When accelerating it feels like in doing 80 then I look down and I'm pushing 115. 

I plan on throwing a turbo on it down the road and running 8psi. Hoping for around 200hp when it's done. But it's going to take me a while to source the parts for a custom turbo build and put it together.

I'm going to take it out today without the top bag and hit some curves to see how sporty of a tourer it actually is. 

20170724_182555.jpg

20170725_173432.jpg

• Upvote 3

Welcome to "Mans World" of riding, she won't disappoint. Any questions or concerns about your ride feel free to hit me up. Not a whole lot about these big girls I don't know. Any other things can be found at http://www.zggtr.org 

Hope you have unlimited tire budget :lol: 

Looks like you already have bar risers, cee baily screen, balwin seat(or kawi tour/same seat) and small top case. Need to loose that bazooka of a muffler you will shit when you feel how heavy it is when you take it off. Hope you got a second fob and hope the valves were checked if there is any milage on it.

Edited by 2talltim

6 hours ago, Qman said:

Nice!  Will the turbo kit require dropping the compression?

I imagine the kits that work with the ZX14 will mate right up?

Going to keep stock compression. The kits will bolt right up but require some cutting off the fairings and will hang out the side. I want a relatively stock look. I'm going to get a zx14 flange and have a custom header built. I have a friend who had a turbo on his for a long time that's going to guide me through the process. I'm basically going to copy his set up with a few improvements. Before I bought the bike we priced everything out that I'll need and building the kit myself will save me about $2,000 over the reputable zx14 kits. Going to keep it at 8psi with a good fuel system to make good safe power. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Looks like you already have bar risers, cee baily screen, balwin seat(or kawi tour/same seat) and small top case. Need to loose that bazooka of a muffler you will shit when you feel how heavy it is when you take it off. Hope you got a second fob and hope the valves were checked if there is any milage on it.

It has a sergeant seat. I'm planning on getting a 2 Bros exhaust. The tires were brand new on it so I'm assuming the valves were good. I got both fobs with it. I love it so far, my only complaint is how the heat pools behind the windshield. 

I took it out on a local road I ride a lot today. I wasn't pushing the pace hard just riding at a relaxed spirited pace that I normally ride my zx10r at and I was going through corners at the same speed. Man that gas gets sucked down fast when riding it like a sport bike though. 

Yea they run warm, the 2010 have a different faring to handle the heat better and keep ot away fromvthe rider. The 08 and 09 just have to keep them rolling ..lol

If You ever smell oil burn or get a puff of smoke on start ups there is a O ring on the front cam sensor that is a very common leak. Dosnt hurt anything just annoying. I've replaced mine with a slightly thicker one and seems to not leak anymore.

• Upvote 1

Don't use hh sintered brake pads on those stock rotors or they will warp. Keep stock pads or another softer pad like carbons. If youvwant it to stop even better get a set of EBC rotors and the hh sintered pads. They will make a strange wooosh sound but stopping power is off the chart.

• Upvote 1

Oh yea another thing, if you have the original TPMS in the wheels and the battery dies they can be taken apart and replaced. Not made to be but it is possible. If they have been replaced with the new style already they are now sealed units and can't be done.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Good job Cooter, now Doc wants one :lol: 

Hahaha nah, am happy with the fjr/ streety combo. If i can tolerate fall weather with good windscreen option the FJR might be on the chopping block.