Best Road Closure Ever!

drc32-0

I'm out riding a long loop Sunday and I wanted to finish the ride by heading east on 147 from 9 over to Bellaire to slab back home.When I get to Centerville where 9 and 147 intersect there are road closed signs on 147.It said 14 miles until the closure point so I thought,what the hell I can ride most of it and either turn around or take some of the recently paved county roads around Key.The closure is on the flat area just out side of Bellaire!This means  you will have all those great esses on the hill going out of Bellaire to yourself as long as the road remains closed.Since all the fracking traffic has picked up in that area I always feel lucky when I get a clean run up/down that section of 147,now it's almost a sure thing. Just a heads up to all the people that are heading down to 536 from the north.9 and 145 are also recently paved which will take you to 147 from 556 at Beallsville.The new pavement on 145 starts at the county line,about 2 miles out of town.

• Beer 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I've been over in the Beallsville & Woodsfield area 3 times in the last 2 weekends. I need to venture a little further north and check these out.

147 from Centerville to Bellaire is a gem.Definitely in my top 10 in the state.145 in that are is pretty good too,but not as good as the Stafford-Lewisville section.9 is good from Armstrong Mills to St Clairsville.The area just north of the 147 split is probably the twistiest section.

If you're hungry the Beallsville diner has good food.Have cash,I don't think they take cards.