WANTED: Left grip for 2012 Ninja 650

hiro

On 7/31/2017 at 5:17 PM, Tonik said:

I was putting hair spray on grips while you were still swimming around in your dads gonads. Never had one come loose.

Checked your birth date.  Yeah, it's very possible and I believe you. ^_^  Sounds safer for grips than hair! "Hairspray is essentially a spray that contains industrial polymers...it still contains formaldehyde..."

man-using-hairspray.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hiro said:

Checked your birth date.  Yeah, it's very possible and I believe you. ^_^  Sounds safer for grips than hair! "Hairspray is essentially a spray that contains industrial polymers...it still contains formaldehyde..."

Then stop sniffing it :dunno: 

Edited by 2talltim

On 8/1/2017 at 1:21 AM, motocat12 said:

If I sell you my left one what do I do with my right one ?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/67126/i/bikemaster-dual-compound-grips?quickView=true spend the extra $1 on the safety wire.

The after-shipping price...

Do street riders actually safety wire their grips?  I might learn to do some safety wiring anyway in case I end up on a track one day.

I saw a left grip that slips on like a throttle tube and is secured using set screws. (I need to thread-lock my bathroom hand towel holder because the set screw keeps coming loose, so I probably wouldn't trust a grip like that.)

This thread reminds me of the time I kept sending @Isaac's Papa links to used oem sprockets for some race bike I was riding a few years ago in an effort to be a cheap ass. He was very kind and put up with it for about 3 links and finally told me "holy shit stop sending me ebay links you cheap fuck". Paraphrasing, the actual words were probably more hurtful. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

This was worthy of a tag? I hadn't been in this shit thread until just now. I hope you're pleased with yourself. 

I touched myself thinking about your reaction. Hhhnnnnngggg

Got my new bars on at least. It's a drastic difference! I was expecting it to be a little more subtle. Everything clears, except the brake line hits a little at full lock. Still need to drill holes for the electrical stuff...and put a grip on...and adapt the bar ends.

Sanded the chrome to match the bike better. How's it look? This is for @Isaac's Papa my #1 fan!

sanded_chrome_bars.thumb.jpg.d75e3e8b552deacf11e1bd98f4969748.jpg

Edited by hiro
  • Upvote 1

On 7/31/2017 at 5:17 PM, Tonik said:

I was putting hair spray on grips while you were still swimming around in your dads gonads. Never had one come loose.

Aqua net is not the same super glue formula it was in the big hair days...

The thumb side of the grip twisted a little for a while. It's been almost two days and the water from the 70% isopropyl seems to be drying up finally. Unless it's just the grip springing back from being stretched a little. (I've had reconnected water supply lines leak a little until the rubber seal conformed better.) Didn't use any sticky stuff. If it didn't show improvement, I was going to change both.

BTW, the feel is a lot different now and I like it!

On 8/2/2017 at 1:46 PM, hiro said:

Do street riders actually safety wire their grips?  I might learn to do some safety wiring anyway in case I end up on a track one day.

I've never been to a track day and I safety wire my grips. I think mainly from when I was riding dirt bikes I did it and just bled over to my street riding. Also I don't use any hairspray or grip glue just air compressor to put it grip on and two pieces of safety wire. Never had a grip come off or loose.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Xsr900Rider said:

I've never been to a track day and I safety wire my grips. I think mainly from when I was riding dirt bikes I did it and just bled over to my street riding. Also I don't use any hairspray or grip glue just air compressor to put it grip on and two pieces of safety wire. Never had a grip come off or loose.

At least my bar-end weights would keep the grips on the bars. The grip is solid now. In the future I'd use 90% isopropyl instead of 70%. heh