2017 Fall Gap Trip 10/19-10/22(meet up evening of 10/18)

2talltim

Think my mileage was a tad over 1700, thanks for going along gents it was a blast as usual. For those that say you can't get to the gap without slabbing are full of shit. 70 was a great route. couple snaf's on the trip but that's what makes it an adventure. My bike most likely won't make it out of the garage the rest of the year so that was the perfect season finally. Couple first for me on this one as well, the biggest one was I've never had to clear ice off of my bike in the morning before we rolled before :lol: First time running my heated gear (that ive had for a year and a half) and it worked flawlessly. Traffic on the BRP was about as perfect as we couple have ask for, for the ones that weren't there only time we had to slow for leaf watchers was at the Linville Viaduct but the views from there were peak and so spectacular we didn't mind the slow roll. I literally only took 3 pictures on this entire trip 2 of my food at café rel and one of my leaking fork. If you key board warriors wanted to play along tough shit :lol: you should have been there.

25 minutes ago, Tonik said:

After every long bike trip getting back in the car is always interesting. I try to set up corners with the car...all kinds of crazy stuff. Pretty much drove like a drunk person to work today.

I did the same thing driving to the store yesterday. Wife said I was all over the road. :lol: 

On 10/18/2017 at 10:07 AM, 2talltim said:

Still laying in bed watching YouTube fail videos. Bike was ready last night but still not peaked. You would think I was on vacation or something. Guess I better get my ass moving.

www.youtube.com/throttlelocktv   Check him out - He doesn't disappoint.

Looks like an awesome trip.  I really need to attend some of these with you guys... I'd say next year, but with 9 days vacation in Punta Cana for my wedding, really limits what I'll be able to do AND she wants a Hawaii honeymoon.  

I thought I told her that she can't affect my motorcycle time and here it goes... as soon as we are getting married :lol: 

4 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Looks like an awesome trip.  I really need to attend some of these with you guys... I'd say next year, but with 9 days vacation in Punta Cana for my wedding, really limits what I'll be able to do AND she wants a Hawaii honeymoon.  

I thought I told her that she can't affect my motorcycle time and here it goes... as soon as we are getting married :lol: 

No offense, but you need a touringish bike to roll with us. 3 hours between stops is the norm.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

No offense, but you need a touringish bike to roll with us. 3 hours between stops is the norm.

No worries,  Didn't really wanna ride with you anyways.  Just trying to be nice and act like I did.   I'll go ride with those sport bike guys.  

On 10/23/2017 at 12:03 PM, Tonik said:

You told me I could bring my sumo with 100 mile range!

No problem, winter project is a 4gal tank among other things. Planning to do the TAT next year with a friend so need increased range for the desert segments.