2017 Fall Gap Trip 10/19-10/22(meet up evening of 10/18)

2talltim

9 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Looks like just me and my bitch for day one. You still joining us in Maggie @PhilD'oh!?

Sorry you can't make it @CBBaron maybe the next one. 

I'll be in Maggie, no question about it.  

At least the ride is a manageable size...:dunno:

Edited by PhilD'oh!

Routes are posted in the first post. Mostly kept with the original ideas with a few tweaks. Day 3 does have a lot of BRP and I made it a shorter day because I know there will be leaf looker congestion on it. I'm fine with that because I like to se the views myself. I doesn't have to be a ass hauling day. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

UPDATE,,,,,,About to make unposted changes to this itinerary and hotels so if any one was thinking about popping in us as a surprise let me know because we won't be where you think we will be. 

Updated again, the first post is now correct.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 2talltim said:

UPDATE,,,,,,About to make unposted changes to this itinerary and hotels so if any one was thinking about popping in us as a surprise let me know because we won't be where you think we will be. 

You asshole, I made reservations last night.

Two days before the trip and the only route I have looked at is how I am going to get to the first hotel. I intend to keep it that way. I will also probably peel off at some point and get lost, then text you to get me unlost.

Then bitch at you at the hotel that night for getting me lost.

Edited by Tonik
  • Beer 1

So just got through the weekend with all the kids band stuff going on. Friday football game, Saturday was a marching band festival, Sunday cedar point and tonight we hosted a band party since my kid is a senior this year. Now my full attention is on this trip and getting ready.

On 7/30/2017 at 11:53 AM, 2talltim said:

10/21 Saturday night Americas Best Value Inn Marion, Va (if it sucks it's @Tonik fault) $65 with coupon code TB2B but you have to act like your a trucker. 

https://www.redlion.com/marion-va

Wow, @Tonik got @2talltim to book a non-Wyndham hotel?! Expectations are gonna be high...

14 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Wow, @Tonik got @2talltim to book a non-Wyndham hotel?! Expectations are gonna be high...

It's just less of a shithole than that Super 8 in Abingdon is. I saved you, you have no idea how bad that hotel he had booked is. I would not have stayed there for any reason.

21 minutes ago, Tonik said:

It's just less of a shithole than that Super 8 in Abingdon is. I saved you, you have no idea how bad that hotel he had booked is. I would not have stayed there for any reason.

My standards for hotels are very low, so I figure we'll be good.

Edited by JustinNck1