Me and durk finally ride 8/5

jacobhawkins

That sucks, doc but looks mostly cosmetic. Fix her up and ride again!

had a great time as usual with you OR Bubby's.  Nice to put more faces with the new names. Really great turn out and fantastic route.  I'm going to have to start riding with the old guys though because Jacob's lack of stops has kicked my ass and damn this fat kid is hungry!  392 miles!  Great day!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Guess I won't be making it there :( 

went down on 164, hit a patch of gravel tried to save it,  wobbled all the way around it hit but ran out of road and hit the wet grass and wooosh slid right away. Durk was right behind me, I think he would almost have bet I saved it. Hind sight is 20/20 may be I could have saved it. 

Any ways, Feeling all okay, good thing was atgatt and we were just cruising and not the usual Tomfoolery lol 

it was only a matter of time before the numbers caught upto me. All these sleep less  riding and taking chance is nothing but stupid idea. And I was careless since I know the road well, never seen gravel in that corner and I took it for granted it would be clean and didn't pay attention and was fully committed into the corner and didn't even realize it until very late. As time goes by I feel more and more like an idiot for not avoiding it in the first place and not concentrating enough to save it. I did the difficult section of finishing the corner but I might have tried to slow down making the wooble worse now I think about it. It was like a tank slapper and boy even though short lived very violent that just took me by surprise. 

Lastly big thanks for durk to help me get back on road and get going. I was wearing a crappy wind beater cold weather gloves and not the full gauntlet. Left hand took a beating and couldn't use it fully, durk took my bike out and bend the shift pedal back. And here I am home :) 

ride safe guys. Just wanted to give you guys an update just in case this helps some one be extra careful. 

IMG_1409.JPG

IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG

Seems Street Triples like to romp in the tall grass. Hope everything turns out ok Nivin, for the bike and especially for you. 

12 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Home, 434 glorious miles. Beat a Connie and an SV up 536.

I wouldn't call that beating a Connie. I checked up because I was concerned about our track riding friend when he disappeared. He must have been in the pits.

400ish miles for me too I have no idea I didn't look. Thanks for leading a nice pace Jim.

1. Definitely need to get this suspension figured out. The fork seals and get rid of this heavily sprung rear shock.

2. Throw some tires on that I actually trust.

3. Get out and ride the streets more.

Not making excuses. Ourgreatest fear is coming to fruition, Tonik now has a sporty bike and is learning how to ride it.

Great ride today fellas. Thanks for the tow Jim/Tim it was fantastic pace. Still hate blind rises though. 

Nivin I'm glad to hear you are ok.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, max power said:

Same. Where and when?

Great ride guys! Sorry to hear about the off Nivin. My wife works nights and can relate, all to well, to trading sleep for fun. I have to be honest, when you post that you're foregoing sleep to ride, I worry about you. Imagine we all do.

Anyway, glad you're ok brother.

Ride was a blast. The more I get comfortable on the FJR, the more I realize you guys on legitimate sport bikes are slow :lol:

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Blitz said:

The more I get comfortable on the FJR, the more I realize you guys on legitimate sport bikes are slow :lol:

Next Saturday, noon at the bottom of 536. I'll make sure my rear mounted GoPro is charged.

:lol:

Despite some troubles this morning and on my way home it was a great ride today. Started the day off watching Doc go down. Glad you're okay Nivin. Then I picked up a ticket on 22 just before I turned off onto 285.  It was awesome to see all of you that I have previously met and to meet some new folks as well. I had a blast riding with the group I was in. I spent most of my time trying to chase down a white Daytona or break away from it when I led. Never accomplished either task, but boy was it fun trying. Can't wait to do it again, hopefully I won't have to wait for over a year this time. To end the day, about an hour from home on the slab I got drilled by a bee in the neck. Nothing major just annoying. Thanks again for organizing this Jacob. 

7 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

You chased a dirt bike too lol. 

Couldn't catch that thing either. It was great to meet you Todd. I'm assuming your daughter is okay. Yes?

17 hours ago, jschaf said:

Good to see everyone that showed up today.  Sorry about your mishap Nivin.  Thanks for towing me around the twisties & the short tour of unimproved roads Brian.  I had a great time.

Had a great time. Sorry about the dirt road detour, Can't get the Adventure stuff out of my head sometimes.

Video of 536

• Upvote 3