Me and durk finally ride 8/5

jacobhawkins

Funny you should say that.  I was just getting ready to give the thread a bump myself.  I'll definitely be out Saturday unless the weather is absolute crap.  It would be good if you could make it out. 

https://goo.gl/maps/7sigJYiLopF2

Ok, that's a start.  Open to changing things up but that's pretty much what Rick posted up earlier and at least it's in map form.

Timing?  I have to work Saturday mornings, but I can work some extra hours and bail early.  Getting to Otsego at 10 is good for me.  How's that work for you @durk?  

I'm bad at guessing timing to various stops along the way and I'm too tired to do math now.  Quick gas stop in New Concord, I'll be needing some about then after leaving Columbus.  I figure we'd stop in McConnelsville for gas, candy bar, and a drink then get back toward 377.  After that, who knows when the next gas stop will be.

I don't need to be back home at any particular time, but I'd rather not dilly dally.  

Saturday weather looks perfect.  75 and sunny.

• Upvote 1

So is there a gas station in Ostego where the meetup is going to be? I can bust it up 77/70 in aboot an hour and half if that's where I need to be. Or I can catch the train in New Concord or McConnellsville. Doesn't matter to me. Just tell me when and where.

44 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

I might be out for this, I had my fix already this week with yesterday's ride :) but by Friday hands might start to have tremors already hahaha 

I was hoping to finally meet you in person. Hand tremors are fine unless you are shooting someone or threading a needle, just get some sleep.:)

19 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

I was hoping to finally meet you in person. Hand tremors are fine unless you are shooting someone or threading a needle, just get some sleep.:)

Hahaha Brian we met before :) , but at least I wanted to come and get some more pics.

Hand "shakes" I meant as in 'ride withdrawallol

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

Hand "shakes" I meant as in 'ride withdrawallol

Aren't you a Doc? Can't you prescribe yourself something for that? 

" Wind therapy, cycle therapy. PRN. Apply thrust and velocity as needed until tremors stop."

See...something like that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thompsonian said:

So is there a gas station in Ostego where the meetup is going to be? I can bust it up 77/70 in aboot an hour and half if that's where I need to be. Or I can catch the train in New Concord or McConnellsville. Doesn't matter to me. Just tell me when and where.

I spoke with @jacobhawkins this morning. I plan to meet him in New Concord around 10:30 and kickstands up by 11.  I mentioned to him to maybe cut out the Ostego stop to save himself a stop. I'm not sure if he's going to do that or not. I'm sure he'll post what his final thoughts are. When I met him in Ostego there was no gas station where we met. 

6 hours ago, Tonik said:

20 minutes tops from Otsego to New Concord.

Be careful....looks like Google thinks there are 2 different OTSEGO's in ohio.  And I always thought it was "OSTEGO" !  Who knew?

8 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Weather looks so perfect, route looks nice,  list of names look classy, it's not even Friday and I am getting the "giggitty" feeling. So much for trying to 'not ride'. 

So what you're saying is you're in for sure?

1 hour ago, durk said:

So what you're saying is you're in for sure?

50 minutes ago, Tonik said:

He always was.

Hahaha 

i am going through an internal struggle ... dayum 

if wife has no plans then I will join up, I will let you know by Friday evening Rick, if I am coming we can hook up in canfeild early 7:00ish and go with no stop all the way to new concord? I have a good route, u gonna have more fun getting there :) 

if she has even the smallest plan I will stay back, owe her that much for putting up with my craziness hehehe 

17 minutes ago, thompsonian said:

Will the meet be the Fuel Mart on the corner of 83?

Good question, coz last meet up some folks stayed at marathon and others at fuel mart lol

marathon has lot more space to park if lot of bike coming, but restroom was NOT working last time I stopped there. May be @JustinNck1 who was there 2 weeks ago can chime in. 

Edited by NinjaDoc

Fuel Mart is my vote, for the following reasons.

1. Tradition. That is where we always meet, don't move my cheese please.

2. Giant snak and beverage selection.

3. @Killer_kaw lives next door and often walks over to chat. In fact that is how we met him and he came to hang out here.

4. Plenty of parking along the wall. We had 10+ bikes there last week.

5. It isn't a shithole.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 2

The Marathon has good space, that's about it. Restroom was working but you had to go get a key. Not much snack selection. I've never been to that Fuel Mart but it sounds like a better location.

BTW: Ya'll suck. I wish I was going on this ride. I'm free Sunday if anyone wants to hit it 2 days in a row.

Edited by JustinNck1