Me and durk finally ride 8/5

jacobhawkins

If you gent's had any class at all you would be meeting at the Chapman's Coffee House, 68 1/2 West Main Street, New Concord, OH 43762. a block away from the fuel mart behind the Johnny Glen museum. I am sure the euro trash bike riders would get there early to sip a  Chai latte or some other ass pounding creme drink.

Any hooo, I will try to find you wherever, fall in line and behave as old people do.:)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jschaf said:

Hey Brian, What say I follow you tomorrow.  That Glock sight focused on my helmet makes me a little nervous.

I use to train out to 100 but now it's all just memories. I think we both are going to hit 60 here shortly and will need 1290 super duke's.

BWPistol.jpg

Ok, looking forward to a great day tomorrow.  @what and I will be leaving Columbus at 9, get to the fuel Mart in new concord and be ready to rock and roll by 10:30.  Depending on who shows up, maybe break into a couple groups.  Weee!!  Can't wait to see @durk on that big CBR!

Meeting @NinjaDoc around 7 in Canfield. I think he has a route planned for us to get to New Concord.  Hopefully he is planning in US time and not Indian time. ? Can't wait to see you as well @jacobhawkins. It will be great to see the rest of you that I know and meet some of you I have not met. Thanx for putting the route together and posting it Jacob.  

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

Ok, looking forward to a great day tomorrow.  @what and I will be leaving Columbus at 9, get to the fuel Mart in new concord and be ready to rock and roll by 10:30.  Depending on who shows up, maybe break into a couple groups.  Weee!!  Can't wait to see @durk on that big CBR!

Where are you two meeting? I'll join you guys on the FJR.

1 hour ago, durk said:

Meeting @NinjaDoc around 7 in Canfield. I think he has a route planned for us to get to New Concord.  Hopefully he is planning in US time and not Indian time. ? Can't wait to see you as well @jacobhawkins. It will be great to see the rest of you that I know and meet some of you I have not met. Thanx for putting the route together and posting it Jacob.  

If you didn't get the txt from me in morning, you go ahead Durk, don't even stop in Canfield :(  but if we meet at Canfield we should kick stand no later than 7:30 since it's going to be real tight schedule to get to NC by 10:30 via all back roads. 

5 hours ago, Blitz said:

MaxPower and I are planning to meet at the TA at 70/37 at 9:30 or so. 

@what and @jacobhawkins, if you guys see this in the morning, meet there and we'll all ride to New Concord together.

Sounds good man, I'll talk to andy and plan on heading that way to meet up with you guys.

lovely-day.gif?w=470&h=140&crop=1

what a day what a lovely day to ride 

I must say, wish I had few hours to sleep

Still, showing up is a matter of pride 

Feel like, even if your eyes, muscle and bones weep 

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Beer 1

Guess I won't be making it there :( 

went down on 164, hit a patch of gravel tried to save it,  wobbled all the way around it hit but ran out of road and hit the wet grass and wooosh slid right away. Durk was right behind me, I think he would almost have bet I saved it. Hind sight is 20/20 may be I could have saved it. 

Any ways, Feeling all okay, good thing was atgatt and we were just cruising and not the usual Tomfoolery lol 

it was only a matter of time before the numbers caught upto me. All these sleep less  riding and taking chance is nothing but stupid idea. And I was careless since I know the road well, never seen gravel in that corner and I took it for granted it would be clean and didn't pay attention and was fully committed into the corner and didn't even realize it until very late. As time goes by I feel more and more like an idiot for not avoiding it in the first place and not concentrating enough to save it. I did the difficult section of finishing the corner but I might have tried to slow down making the wooble worse now I think about it. It was like a tank slapper and boy even though short lived very violent that just took me by surprise. 

Lastly big thanks for durk to help me get back on road and get going. I was wearing a crappy wind beater cold weather gloves and not the full gauntlet. Left hand took a beating and couldn't use it fully, durk took my bike out and bend the shift pedal back. And here I am home :) 

ride safe guys. Just wanted to give you guys an update just in case this helps some one be extra careful. 

IMG_1409.JPG

IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG

Holy shit ball! Dude glad this was a ride away rather than a fly away. I'm here if you need me. Put this in your hard drive --- After the monsoon rain we had yesterday your gonna have washouts like that. Have to expect it. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

Holy shit ball! Dude glad this was a ride away rather than a fly away. I'm here if you need me. Put this in your hard drive --- After the monsoon rain we had yesterday your gonna have washouts like that. Have to expect it. 

Yea jerry :( was not at all paying attention at all since it was our trusty 164 and was just on auto pilot mode and cruising. Better sleep and rest I could have saved it I think. Any ways could have been worse, at least rode it home.  

Edited by NinjaDoc

Glad to see you're ok Doc. Bikes can be replaced, people can't. Back in the big burg of Belpre. Great meeting all the new faces today. Thanks for letting me tag along in the back of the group. Hope i didn't hold everyone up too much. Look forward to riding with you guys again.

• Upvote 2