Rick Roush Motor Sports

HeavyDuty

One of my riding buddies bought a bike from Rich Roush And has had nothing but trouble with it since the 2nd day he had it here is his story

Michael Schenek

Need a favored from all my Brothers and Sisters. As you know I bought a Victory Kingpin from Rick Roush on 4/29 of this year. Several Brothers went with me. Pat Law, John Holowenko, Mike Farrell and a couple others. I should have listened to them. Pat insisted that I be able to at least start the bike before I bought it. They would not let me. It took a crap 2 days later and it took Rick Roush 5 days to come get it. They had the bike 8 weeks and told me it was fixed. 5 days later it broke down with the same issues in Cleveland on my way to the VA Hospital. Bones at Rick Roush said they had nobody to come get the motorcycle so I had to get a tow truck on my own to tow it back to Rick Roush. The following day I got a voicemail from them stating my bike was fixed. I went to pick it up and was told I ran it out of gas. That was the first thing I checked and the tow truck driver checked, but Bones said that’s what the mechanic said it was and I had to take the bike. It broke down on my way home on I-480 and yes the tank was full and it did the same thing. Sputtering, backfiring and then stalling. Once again Rick Roush was too busy to come get me so I had to get it towed myself, but this time I had it taken to State 8 a victory certified dealer. It’s going to be 14 days before they can even look at it. So I called Scott Emerson the manager at Rick Roush and he was just going to refund my money so I can go get another bike that works. But after speaking to the owner I was informed he has done enough for me and my only options where to pick another bike from his inventory or waits till State 8 fixes mine. The number 1 biker code is never leave a Brother broken down. Rick Roush obviously could care less. Is almost been 3 months and most of my summer is shot. SO I AM ASKING ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO GO TO RICKROUSHMOTORSPORTS.COM AND LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEED BACK UNTIL THEY RESOLVE THIS. You may have to log into Google in order to do this. Thank you, Michael.

I would never buy a bike without being able to at least ride it around the parking lot let alone not being able to start it that's just a huge red flag. It also sounds like they do not have any qualified mechanics working at the place.

Edited by HeavyDuty

57 minutes ago, HeavyDuty said:

I would never buy a bike with out being able to at least ride it around the parking lot let alone not being able to start it that's just a huge red flag.

I am with you. Most dealers won't let you test ride anymore.  I know Roush is one of them. In their defense I know they had three people take a test ride and two of them wrecked. But not starting it, that is insane.

Dunno what the deal is with Roush, see a fair number really odd complaints like this about them.

Edited by Tonik

side note.  I stopped by RR on my home to get a washer for the oil drain plug on my '16 R1.  It looked just like the one for my '06 and didn't think anything of it.  It was my first oil change and when I went to do the change, I noticed the '16 has a different washer.  Went back to RR a few days later.  After some time while a new parts guys was trying to figure out the part number the parts mgr came to help.

Finally getting the part number, he said they didn't have any.  I said "ok, can you just grab one for me from the service guys?".  He said they have never ordered any...

me: so what have the service guys been using for the last 2 years?

Svc mgr:  good question.

Not sure if it is a big deal, but the '06 is a crush washer and the '16 is not.  Would assume the torque specs would be affected.  Maybe I'm thinking too much of it.

This is where my wife's ninja came from last year. I hate them. Although I hate all dealerships. They are all out to make money, not friends. 

Was this bike new or used? If it's new I would be having g words with the manufacturer.