Not how you want to spend a track day!

DerekClouser

The bellypan of another racing bike flew off and hit Boyd on the helmet at tremendous speeds, knocking him out cold.

But Boyd continued travelling at high speeds, veering off to the side, his body limp and leaning before he finally crashed to the floor.

It could have been a lot worse if he had managed to stay balanced on the bike, as it continued to smash into the hoardings, branding it a write-off.

Writing on his Facebook page, Boyd said: "The bellypan made impact with my head at speeds easily exceeding 140mph.

"I was knocked unconscious immediately, allowing my body to fall back and drape off the side of the bike.

"Luckily, I have no memory of the incident, only that I had left pitlane and woke up in hospital with blurred vision coupled with seeing different colours in each eye.

"All I have is a totalled bike and some videos to put meaning to the mess.

"Had I have stayed attached to the bike upon impact, I doubt I'd be sharing this with you now.

"I have been extremely fortunate to come away from the crash without serious injury. I will certainly never do a Trackday again."

10 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

you should be searching some other types of videos before your first track day :D 

I promise I wasn't searching for that.  I was talking with some other riding buddies and they asked if I saw it... I said no, so he sent me the link.